onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not sure but I think I watched a different game than most. Don't understand this idea that it was a poor first half, it was obvious from minute one that the wind was going to be the deciding factor in this game and the winners would be the team that coped with it best.

Their sole tactic was pretty easy to defend I thought and although Brown had a few saves to make, I didn't think he had to do anything more than what you would expect of him. Offensively, yes we struggled but as the away team that was to be expected, especially with the conditions.

At half time I was quietly confident that we would use the wind to our advantage and be more adventurous. Cracking first goal and you have to admire their defender for trying to call offside.

Can't fault any of the players and it was nice to see Guthrie finally score, it matters not what we think or say on here, the manager sees the players in training and picks the team, if he has faith in them I don't understand why we can't.

This is exactly the type of win that makes all the difference if we are looking to get promotion, a hard faught battling performance with some quality thrown in. Each player doing their job and playing for teach other and certainly carrying out the managers plan.

A good £10.00 worth (Thanks Matt), can't pick a man of he match so I will pick a woman, well done ref - 10/10. 

Advert

16 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Not sure but I think I watched a different game than most. Don't understand this idea that it was a poor first half, it was obvious from minute one that the wind was going to be the deciding factor in this game and the winners would be the team that coped with it best.

Their sole tactic was pretty easy to defend I thought and although Brown had a few saves to make, I didn't think he had to do anything more than what you would expect of him. Offensively, yes we struggled but as the away team that was to be expected, especially with the conditions.

At half time I was quietly confident that we would use the wind to our advantage and be more adventurous. Cracking first goal and you have to admire their defender for trying to call offside.

Can't fault any of the players and it was nice to see Guthrie finally score, it matters not what we think or say on here, the manager sees the players in training and picks the team, if he has faith in them I don't understand why we can't.

This is exactly the type of win that makes all the difference if we are looking to get promotion, a hard faught battling performance with some quality thrown in. Each player doing their job and playing for teach other and certainly carrying out the managers plan.

A good £10.00 worth (Thanks Matt), can't pick a man of he match so I will pick a woman, well done ref - 10/10. 

Can't argue with a word you say there mate.  

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Same...that is all.

Horrible, attritional game against a horrible side on a horrible pitch in horrible conditions. Definitely one which we’ve tended to come out the wrong side of in the past.

It was obvious from the start the wind would be a major factor and I think generally we defended ok, Brown providing a really good save from the header and a couple of other decent blocks.

All of which makes it a little strange to read that Vale’s goal was, to quote the BBC report, ‘against the run of play’ when it was clear we would have the advantage second half. 

Our in-game management is so much better. That has to be down to Clarke ‘not caring what we have to do to win matches, just win them’. The excellent Colchester and Crawley commentaries both remarked ‘you know what to expect from a Daryl Clarke side’.  

It’s frustrating that this run has come too late for a playoff push. 

4 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Our in-game management is so much better. That has to be down to Clarke ‘not caring what we have to do to win matches, just win them’. The excellent Colchester and Crawley commentaries both remarked ‘you know what to expect from a Daryl Clarke side’.  

Really looking forward to Clarke and Flitters assembling a team of absolute wnkers this summer and storming our way out of this embarrassing farmers league.

A horrible team with a consistent identity and a real morale drain to have to play against. I don't mean scumbag Westley style blatant cheating. I hate that, I'd be embarrassed. Just more of the gamesmanship and game management we've seen already. High press aggressive shlthouses getting in peoples faces, winding the clock down with subs and dribbling the ball away a few yards when the opposition have a set piece, it all adds up. VP is already a hostile place to come (particularly for the officials), opposition managers comment on it fairly often, that needs to up a notch courtesy of Darrell Clarke's shīt kickers going in on their opposition early on. 90 minutes of shłthousing our way to 3 points above all else. Letting the oppo winger know with a cheeky dig during a corner that Gibbo's going to snap their ACL with his teeth if they even dare to take him on down the flank. Carol shaking the visiting directors hands while she has one of those electric shock things hidden in her palm, Let's have it. Puddled FC.

Really looking forward to Clarke and Flitters assembling a team of absolute wnkers this summer and storming our way out of this embarrassing farmers league.
A horrible team with a consistent identity and a real morale drain to have to play against. I don't mean scumbag Westley style blatant cheating. I hate that, I'd be embarrassed. Just more of the gamesmanship and game management we've seen already. High press aggressive shlthouses getting in peoples faces, winding the clock down with subs and dribbling the ball away a few yards when the opposition have a set piece, it all adds up. VP is already a hostile place to come (particularly for the officials), opposition managers comment on it fairly often, that needs to up a notch courtesy of Darrell Clarke's shīt kickers going in on their opposition early on. 90 minutes of shłthousing our way to 3 points above all else. Letting the oppo winger know with a cheeky dig during a corner that Gibbo's going to snap their ACL with his teeth if they even dare to take him on down the flank. Carol shaking the visiting directors hands while she has one of those electric shock things hidden in her palm, Let's have it. Puddled FC.
. One of the best posts I've ever read on here. My coffee gone everywhere

Who the fck are Wimbledon? I want to see big Kevin S shining a laser pointer in the keepers eyes during corners next season. Right bunch of mad dossers Vale are. Class.

image.png.20904a7d10d8111743844c707b9e272b.png

one two three four
Darrell Clarke
He hates media questions
Darrell Clarke
Being puddleds the intention
Darrell Clarke
He's going bite your fćking nose off
one two three four....

4 hours ago, Doha said:

Who the fck are Wimbledon? I want to see big Kevin S shining a laser pointer in the keepers eyes during corners next season. Right bunch of mad dossers Vale are. Class.

image.png.20904a7d10d8111743844c707b9e272b.png

one two three four
Darrell Clarke
He hates media questions
Darrell Clarke
Being puddleds the intention
Darrell Clarke
He's going bite your fćking nose off
one two three four....

Have you been drinking? 😂

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Trust the Matrix.

Archived