onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate v Port Vale

Fosse69

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

The great thing here is that DC is now doing this with NONE of his own players... i still think a fair few will leave in the summer but one or two might have played themselves back in there with a chance of a deal.

I think that this is where our management are going to earn their corn. Got to have players able to play thirty games plus and at a decent consistency. 

Advert

On 03/04/2021 at 10:51, darren1810 said:

Well Betty's tea room can wait until next season. By all accounts Walsall should of beaten them comfortably yesterday.

The form and belief we have found gives me great confidence of another win. 

0-2 to the mighty Vale 

You heard it there first 😜

1 hour ago, gags 64 said:

After the dismal first half it could only get better. Glad it did and proud of the lads and a massive thanks to DC who has made us solid and hard to beat. Defence was immense today with Legge and Brisley the stars. When we get chance let's fill that ground and make it a place where teams hate and fear to come to.

Thank you Legge, don’t know but you have given this club all we ever wanted. Please give him extended contract. Not forgetting Brisley too

Very professional performance today, reminded me of a Micky Adams side that, dug in during the first half, Brisley, Legge and Smith was like when we had Collins, Owen and McCombe 10 years ago.  Second half our extra quality shone through.  I said 5 games ago before we played Newport, whatever the results from now to the end of the season we need a massive clear out and wouldn't be sorry to see anyone go, happy to be proved wrong.  I am changing my mind on some of these players the more I watch them and Clarke certainly has them fit and playing for him.  I just wish this change had happened a month sooner, could have been an exciting end to the season.

I am starting to look forward again to watching the matches and already thinking about Saturday, when was the last time we won 6 games on the bounce.

Interesting comment regarding Theo in post match interview.  ‘I try not to get bogged down with other people’s opinions’ assume existing coaching staff talking him down? Now looks a decent striker at this level - must now feel valued and we are benefitting.

Just now, Bald Eagle said:

Interesting comment regarding Theo in post match interview.  ‘I try not to get bogged down with other people’s opinions’ assume existing coaching staff talking him down? Now looks a decent striker at this level - must now feel valued and we are benefitting.

I'd put money on it being more a reference to people tweeting every Saturday at 5pm that he needs to swap jobs!

I'm absolutely fine with him giving people a clean slate. 

None of us can profess to being over the moon when Theo got his chance again. But he's certainly doing his bit and if he continues to do so then Clarke could possibly get him back to Colchester form and shove people's words down their throats, mine included. 

Clarke clearly appears to back himself to get the best out of players and talked Theo up even when against say Newport and Colchester he didn't pull up any trees.

I'll trust Clarke all day and who knows if Theo is part of his plan or not , time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

Hasn’t he already signed a new contract?

Yes he is still here next season and while he is playing and we are doing well why would he want to go anywhere else,i would offer him another 12mths on top now and the same with Conlon

15 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I would read into that he is on about what fans thought and not current staff running him down

To be fair our pitch at the moment is little better. Wonder how much a sprinkler system would cost as the last few home games the ball bounces about like a plastic one. Noticed salford and mansfield have one.

Surely there are rules about minimum pitch standards. I know weather / under layer etc. But me get a pitch fork out or something. National league pretenders.

Harrogate came out the traps fast and caused us some problems early on. The wind was massive in favour but we dug in and defended very well once again with Legge and Brisley winning everything that was launched into to box. We had the game plan to not concede first half and we did that and that’s what won us the game. Spot on yet again from every player. Can’t fault Clarke or the players one bit. Confidence is absolutely huge in football and we’re going on the pitch every game expecting to win now. Clarke’s put that into us now. Massive well done and I’m excited to see his additions in the summer and what we can build on. 

Archived