Lee Collins fundraising

Advert:

Overwhelmed by the response. The target virtually reached already.

Don't know how these things work but it's not even been going a day yet. 

Perhaps say someone like Mike Baguley could tweet it or Radio Stoke.

Brilliant response as expected from everyone and lovely feedback .

Maybe let it ride a week and see what the total reaches ? Like I said I'm not sure how it works but I've donated to one previously myself and think you can carry on for a while. 1000 is remarkable effort , thanks to everyone. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Just to keep folk in the loop. 

1400 raised so far. Superb effort by our superb supporters rallying round. 

Hopefully speaking with Martin Tideswell about the way forward and how long we leave the fundraising page open etc .

Will help Lee's loved ones somehow whether it's just paying bills or sorting things out. 

A great testament to both Lee as an ex player and to our fanbase. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1612 at the moment.

2.9 % is taken by the website so 29 quid per grand raised.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent efforts , unfortunately nobody from Vale has called me yet despite twice being assured they would.

I'm beginning to feel I need some guidance on this, how long does it run for, can Vale take the initiative and contact Lee's loved ones ? 

Any suggestions gratefully received as the very sad news today has brought it immediately to the forefront of my mind again and we need to get some guidance on what to do. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

It might be best if you give Yeovil a bell directly mate and sort it through them, I wouldn't rely on Tideswell. 

01935 423662

I'll see if Yatesy contacts me tomorrow. I'd hope someone from Vale would be in touch. 

It's from supporters to help a grieving family in a small way. You'd hope Vale will be on board somehow ? 

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'll see if Yatesy contacts me tomorrow. I'd hope someone from Vale would be in touch. 

It's from supporters to help a grieving family in a small way. You'd hope Vale will be on board somehow ? 

Is it worth contacting the supporters club?

On 02/04/2021 at 10:33, darren1810 said:

After the tragic death of Lee I've set up a just giving page to try and raise £1000 for his family from the Port Vale family. 

It has really hit me for personal reasons as well. Won't bring Lee back, no money in the world can replace a husband, father and son .

It's difficult times for us all but even a pound is brilliant. If you don't mind spreading the word to your Vale friends and I can either liaise with Rob on here or contact Carol to see about getting the money to Lee's wife and children. 

Rest in peace Lee and the picture on the just giving page reminds me of a brilliant day.

100% wholehearted player for us and 32 is absolutely tragic . 

Thanks 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darren-gregory-1?utm_term=4RMGzpv8m

Darren, just to say it’s an absolutely brilliant thing that you have Thank you for setting up this page and allowing me to contribute. It’s allowed me show my appreciation to LEE COLLINS (RIP) and hopefully will offer a little support for his family in these terrible and challenging times.  

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, just to say it’s an absolutely brilliant thing that you have Thank you for setting up this page and allowing me to contribute. It’s allowed me show my appreciation to LEE COLLINS (RIP) and hopefully will offer a little support for his family in these terrible and challenging times.  

Nice words mate. Sadly I felt from the word go it was the awful situation of Lee taking his own life.

A close friend took his own life on Christmas Day a few years back. It's horrendous and taboo 

This has shown all Vale fans pulling together in adversity for a normal young man who was a great player for us.

More importantly he would of been a great partner and father and friend to so many. Just wished he'd reached out .

Incredibly sad story . 

• Like 1

Advert:

It’s incredibly tragic news that he felt that was his only way out, on the face of it great career, partner, three young girls but shows that beneath the surface anyone can have those demons plaguing you and it’s sadly a situation only made worse by the current global situation.

Gutting that Lee didn’t feel he could speak out and chose that path and heart goes out to his partner, family and friends.

Sam Morsy has put a very emotional tweet out, it’s a conversation especially in young men to be had but finding the solution is hard. Scary how people can be out having fun with friends and a few hours later for example take the ultimate step to escape their demons. Always crucial to check in with people close to you.

Rest easy Lee and thank you for the memories you leave us Vale fans with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Nice words mate. Sadly I felt from the word go it was the awful situation of Lee taking his own life.

A close friend took his own life on Christmas Day a few years back. It's horrendous and taboo 

This has shown all Vale fans pulling together in adversity for a normal young man who was a great player for us.

More importantly he would of been a great partner and father and friend to so many. Just wished he'd reached out .

Incredibly sad story . 

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I read a column by Stan Collymore following the sudden death of Gary Speed. I had no time for SC until I read the column. He said that ppl in this position don’t talk to anyone as they don’t want anyone talking them out of what they intend to do and if they did they would have the same thought at some other time. It’s an extremely incomprehensible and sad situation for all involved. A young wife who has lost her husband and three young children who have lost their father. His parents have lost their son and any siblings have lost their brother. My sympathy also goes to the person who discovered Lee

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

The thing is you only need to be that low for a brief period to take your own life.  Anyone who struggles with mental health problems knows that it can be a rollercoaster of ups and downs.  It only takes one very severe down to forget that an up can be just around the corner.  

• Like 3