onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scott Brown

Iron Curtain

If you think most of this season our defence has been shocking that makes a keeper hesitate and not sure what to do because his defence aren't giving him any confidence. Plus I think this year has affected players in different ways. This keeper single handedly kept us in the league not long ago with some unbelievable performances.

Advert

Brown still has many more good games than he does bad and you only have to watch a few games at higher levels to see keepers making mistakes.  Currently playing a big part in our very mean defence also.  I'd be OK with him for another season but would really like to see whoever is backup push much harder than seems currently the case.  It's a difficult one as we already know that a decent keeper isn't going to come just to sit on the bench.

Again, I always take the claim that a player was the 'best in the league' at their position by fans of that player's own club with a pinch of salt. Every team seems to think they have the best keeper in the league. 

Scott Brown is a decent-good (depending on form) goalkeeper but a cost-benefit analysis needs to be done here. Is he that much better than what else will be on the market in the summer?

I think Vale fans are pretty objective when it comes to how good a player is. 

For example, Guthrie was the worst Vale player to ever put on a shirt

Brown might not be the best keeper in the league on this seasons showing. Let's see what DC can find - if he can get better for the right price why not 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Again, I always take the claim that a player was the 'best in the league' at their position by fans of that player's own club with a pinch of salt. Every team seems to think they have the best keeper in the league. 

Scott Brown is a decent-good (depending on form) goalkeeper but a cost-benefit analysis needs to be done here. Is he that much better than what else will be on the market in the summer?

I've heard it said that Brown is the best in the league, that Monty is one of the best attacking full-backs in the league, Gibbons is one of the best in the league, Worrall is one of the best in the league (might actually be true).

If they were so good they wouldn't have won 3 in 25

3 hours ago, Wrex said:

I've heard it said that Brown is the best in the league, that Monty is one of the best attacking full-backs in the league, Gibbons is one of the best in the league, Worrall is one of the best in the league (might actually be true).

If they were so good they wouldn't have won 3 in 25

On their day they probably are. But you need another 7 best of players around them. 

Archived