onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Collins

valefan16

Advert

On 02/04/2021 at 09:33, darren1810 said:

I've started a just giving page for the family of Lee from the Port Vale family.

Difficult times for us all so any donation welcome. Then I'm sure the powers that be from Vale or Rob on here can sort out some sort of tribute for Lee and present a cheque whatever we can raise.

Gutted at the news and it won't bring Lee back but let's see if we can get a grand for his family in memory of Vale supporters. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/darren-gregory-1

Is it worth sharing this on the fans sites of the other clubs he’s played for? 

Just read the update. So sad, it doesn’t matter who you are, you never know what secret battles people are going through.

9 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Just read the update. So sad, it doesn’t matter who you are, you never know what secret battles people are going through.

It could be mate I don't do social media. There's over 1600 in the pot.

I was promised a call first by Martin Tideswell and two days ago I was told by a Sue that Adam Yates would be calling me.

No phone call received yet from the Vale 

It hits very very hard reading the cause behind his death. Just visualising all the moments cheering him on as a fan and now reading of him dying alone in a hotel room is just so cutting. 

I am grateful for forums at times like this that enable such feelings to be shared with fellow fans at a time they cannot be discussed at games. 

52 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-collins-yeovil-town-fundraiser-5269348 

Yeovil fans already raising money same as we are 

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It could be mate I don't do social media. There's over 1600 in the pot.

I was promised a call first by Martin Tideswell and two days ago I was told by a Sue that Adam Yates would be calling me.

No phone call received yet from the Vale 

If it’s Sue Potts you could be waiting a long time, promises a lot but does nowt.

Just now, Conrad said:

If it’s Sue Potts you could be waiting a long time, promises a lot but does nowt.

Don't know mate she answered the switchboard and had my number. 

Bit annoying really. I'll call again after work tomorrow afternoon, otherwise as Doha suggested I'll perhaps just contact Yeovil but it'd be nice to show how Vale fans had Lee in their hearts too . 

If anyone on here has any contacts, say Mike Baguley or someone at the Vale then can they give them a dig in the ribs please 

A nice tribute from the Vale players he shared a dressing room with. Some great players and characters, and shows how tight-knit that team was. Dodds' story about Collins before he went to Barnsley is very touching:

Also, John McCombe reinforces why he's still my favourite player.

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

A nice tribute from the Vale players he shared a dressing room with. Some great players and characters, and shows how tight-knit that team was. Dodds' story about Collins before he went to Barnsley is very touching:

Also, John McCombe reinforces why he's still my favourite player.

Its great to see the old squad back together to pay tribute to Lee. Looks like they are still a tightnit group and its great to hear how much all the player respected and loved Lee for the man he was.

On a lighter note, anyone else not have a clue who the hell Lewis Haldane was until his name came up? Looks nothing like the lad that ran Crewe ragged at Gresty road.

Archived