Ms Coates

So Ms Coates earned £421 million last year. If our owners earned that we would be in the premier, and a lot more people better looked after.

Makes you proud have owners like ours. When you have loads of money, it is easy just to give loads, and everyone says thank you. It is far better to get your arse in gear and work hard to make things happen. Thank you Carol and co, it just is'nt about money.

Not sure about this post. 

The Coates family have a track record of philanthropy and have put food on the tables of thousands of families in the city/region through large scale employment and job creation. 

Carol through the Hubb foundation and the football club community scheme are doing tremendous work too but it's not a competition. Let's applaud them both.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Properman said:

So Ms Coates earned £421 million last year. If our owners earned that we would be in the premier, and a lot more people better looked after.

Makes you proud have owners like ours. When you have loads of money, it is easy just to give loads, and everyone says thank you. It is far better to get your arse in gear and work hard to make things happen. Thank you Carol and co, it just is'nt about money.

The Coates family paid over £500 million in tax just saying

• Like 2

They have, not saying they have'nt. The fact Carol gets her hands dirty and does stuff that Ms coates does not. Unless you know better, if I had (in one year) £451 wow what would that do to help people of Staffordshire. Also has she been anywhere doing meals, filling food bags etc?

Posted (edited)

I only ever argue on the internet with Stoke fans but i admire Ms Coates and all that she is achieving 

Years ago all my mates and customers were pot bankers and worked on the Mitch mainly.

These days i work for loads of people who are employed by bet365 and i've got a fair few friends on there. They are on good money and have job security. 

The fact she is the best paid exec just proves how good she is at her job and running that company. 

And as a child of the 60's i'm aloud to say, not bad for a girl.

Its just a shame she's a bloody Stoke fan

And my wife, who is a Stoke fan, says jealousy is an ugly trait. 

Row time

Edited by Gungho_ED
  • Like 2

Dont know if iv missed it (dont think so as surely would have been thrown at us by radio stoke) but I havent heard where stoke have been driving around the city handing out free meals, free activity packs & now Easter eggs for the less privileged families!! I think the post relates to time & hard work that's put in voluntarily to help the families of sot not just cash handouts!!

Fairplay the Coates family have made a living/become very rich & offered job security thanks to people gambling unfortunately for some people that has led to addiction, bankruptcy, family break ups etc, can see why the authorities are trying to curb this now by not allowing advertising such brands on childrens football replica shirts

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

I only ever argue on the internet with Stoke fans but i admire Ms Coates and all that she is achieving 

Years ago all my mates and customers were pot bankers and worked on the Mitch mainly.

These days i work for loads of people who are employed by bet365 and i've got a fair few friends on there. They are on good money and have job security. 

The fact she is the best paid exec just proves how good she is at her job and running that company. 

And as a child of the 60's i'm aloud to say, not bad for a girl.

Its just a shame she's a bloody Stoke fan

And my wife, who is a Stoke fan, says jealousy is an ugly trait. 

Row time

I am a child of the 50's and my parents could not afford to gamble. My post was, if Carole had that money, would more benefit? I rest my case, because I think everyone knows the answer.

Jesus wept, they have to pay tax it's a legal requirement they aint doing anyone any favours and isn't the head quarters registered in malta to avoid paying it ?