onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy back in the squad after Mills injury

valeparklife

McKirdy will look good in an attacking team wanting success. Maybe Clarke can see the lad has got what we want for next season, if, as we all hope, we are at least challenging for promotion?

Let's assume we will be up there or thereabouts...then I feel someone of McKirdy's obvious quality will benefit us.

Advert

17 hours ago, Properman said:

You never saw the full backs I  watched, Colin Tartt ambition was to clear every ground in the league. But gave his all.

Used to love watching Tarty go on the rampage......you never knew how it might end apart from the fact it probably wasn't going to be in the stadium! God forbid any opposition who got between him and the ball. Didn't he start off in midfield and got converted to full back by someone...can't remember who?

Goooooaaarrrrrn Tarty!

Used to love watching Tarty go on the rampage......you never knew how it might end apart from the fact it probably wasn't going to be in the stadium! God forbid any opposition who got between him and the ball. Didn't he start off in midfield and got converted to full back by someone...can't remember who?
Goooooaaarrrrrn Tarty!

Have it !!

19 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

MBE - you clearly never saw Gary Pollard in action......

Never heard of him and had to google him. He played the season before I started to go. I'm guessing big Alan Webb replaced him?

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Never heard of him and had to google him. He played the season before I started to go. I'm guessing big Alan Webb replaced him?

I was going when he played, not sure he was particularly poor, or good, or anything. From my limited recollections I think he was non-descipt.

8 minutes ago, MBE said:

Now Webb was a solid RB,i remember him breaking his leg at Newcastle Utd  ... 2-2 it finished if i remember correctly 

5 hours ago, 1 said:

...I know I’ve criticised him and others, but if he turned it all around I’d be the first to say I was wrong and thanks for the improved contribution.

since DC has come in he has been solid, and maybe that just shows how jarring the tactics were before he arrived. Players don’t get worse or better as soon as a manager turns up, they are just told to perform a different role.

Exactly the point i made about Crookes!

Askey and Clarke have two completely different style of man management. McKirdy will fly for us now his head is in the right place. Wouldnt expect to see him tomorrow but next few weeks im sure we will see a different player. 

How do you know his head is in the right place? Sounds to me like Clarke has a totally different approach to dealing with his moods or tantrums in training. He talks about it today in his interview and it’s something he’s mentioned before. So it’s a character trait that he has to deal with and it sounds like it’s still present judging by his quotes. 

Archived