onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy back in the squad after Mills injury

valeparklife

Advert

Strikes me as exactly the kind of challenge that DC would welcome.

Probably likes a maverick character, and wants to pull out their talent.

I got the impression that JA preferred more mature characters, so Mc would have been a bit of a nuisance.

Very interesting comments from Clarke today in the press conference RE McKirdy.

Appears to have put a lot of work in to get McKirdy registered, and has made it crystal clear what the expectations are.

Very clearly articulates where Harry needs to improve in terms of mentality but is complimentary of his abilities.

It, on the surface, sounds like top-drawer man-management (which Chris Lines attests is absolutely superb).

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Very interesting comments from Clarke today in the press conference RE McKirdy.

Appears to have put a lot of work in to get McKirdy registered, and has made it crystal clear what the expectations are.

Very clearly articulates where Harry needs to improve in terms of mentality but is complimentary of his abilities.

It, on the surface, sounds like top-drawer man-management (which Chris Lines attests is absolutely superb).

Was a great interview all through from him I thought. Whilst it can be hard to articulate that is what a proper manager sounds like.

Great stuff on McKirdy and the gauntlet has now been laid down to him. Up to him now if he is going to succeed or not.

A few sub appearances off the bench rather than having an injured player not able to provide anything, makes sense. Surely he’ll be highly motivated, DC playing with house money it looks like.

He’d have to be scoring a goal a game to get a look in for next season at this late stage surely, but it could be good for him and us.

on the subject of Mills, I’m sure some people on here would prefer players to be <ovf censored> every week and cost us points just so they can say I told you so. I know I’ve criticised him and others, but if he turned it all around I’d be the first to say I was wrong and thanks for the improved contribution.

since DC has come in he has been solid, and maybe that just shows how jarring the tactics were before he arrived. Players don’t get worse or better as soon as a manager turns up, they are just told to perform a different role.

Spot on. What I like about the new manager is that he asks players to do jobs they are comfortable with. 

Crookes, Mills, Legge, Rodney, Robinson and Conlon have been major beneficiaries of this approach.

The results didn’t come straight away, but there were clear signs before we started winning.

If he thinks he can add McKirdy to this list, good luck to him. I hope he is right, cos the player’s stats at Carlisle suggest he isn’t a mug.

Was a great interview all through from him I thought. Whilst it can be hard to articulate that is what a proper manager sounds like.
Great stuff on McKirdy and the gauntlet has now been laid down to him. Up to him now if he is going to succeed or not.

You can tell we’d won a few he was absolutely buzzing in his interview!

Spot on. What I like about the new manager is that he asks players to do jobs they are comfortable with. 
Crookes, Mills, Legge, Rodney, Robinson and Conlon have been major beneficiaries of this approach.
The results didn’t come straight away, but there were clear signs before we started winning.
If he thinks he can add McKirdy to this list, good luck to him. I hope he is right, cos the player’s stats at Carlisle suggest he isn’t a mug.
Out of the 6 players you mention, I'm intrigued as to what, exactly, you consider that JA was asking all bar Conlon to do that was not 'comfortable' for them which now is? Mills, Legge and Crookes - defend like a professional footballer? Rodney - get into goalscoring positions and score? Robinson - run about a bit?

On 31/03/2021 at 14:21, valeparklife said:

Good point this.

With his contract up at the end of the season, and being frozen out of the 1st team picture, he could have very easily 'downed tools' for 5 months.

But after Clarke's comments it seems he's really applying himself in training and has impressed the new management.

Yes, it appears that DC does think he has something to contribute to the current squad.  Whether that holds good for next season obviously remains to be seen.

Archived