onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy back in the squad after Mills injury

valeparklife

Advert

40 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I remember before that game fans were telling Askey how McKirdy should start and i do believe that Askey hung him out to dry by like you say playing him out of position and that was that for him.

We all know he has talent but has a reputation of being a massive twonk,i dont think DC will stand any of that so hopefully he can get the best out of him and if he does then wow we could have a player on our hands and one who is still young.

Its strange isn't it how we all view things differently.

The way I saw it was that after trying him on the wing and him having absolutely no positional discipline Askey gave him that free role behind the striker to see if he could impact the game from there. All he then went on to do was give away a few needless fouls and barely influence the game at all.

I would say it was more trying to accommodate him than hanging him out to dry.

At the same time no one was performing well in the team during that period.

I hope he comes in and does well for us but from what I have seen of him so far I would probably prefer to see Hurst or Amoo given the game time over McKirdy. Lets hope however he can give us another option in our push up the table. If he proves himself and earns another deal great news for all parties.

The longer these squad restrictions continue the less thought out they seem to be. Being able to deregister players or deregister and furlough players to sign players in their place makes it pointless. The injuries rule seems to make sense but I wonder if the teams all knew about it at the start of the season.

58 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Its strange isn't it how we all view things differently.

The way I saw it was that after trying him on the wing and him having absolutely no positional discipline Askey gave him that free role behind the striker to see if he could impact the game from there. All he then went on to do was give away a few needless fouls and barely influence the game at all.

I would say it was more trying to accommodate him than hanging him out to dry.

At the same time no one was performing well in the team during that period.

I hope he comes in and does well for us but from what I have seen of him so far I would probably prefer to see Hurst or Amoo given the game time over McKirdy. Lets hope however he can give us another option in our push up the table. If he proves himself and earns another deal great news for all parties.

The longer these squad restrictions continue the less thought out they seem to be. Being able to deregister players or deregister and furlough players to sign players in their place makes it pointless. The injuries rule seems to make sense but I wonder if the teams all knew about it at the start of the season.

I think Amoo and Hurst can help the club go forward. McKirdy needs to show something to get into their category. I don't think he has had much chance, but you are right he hasn't made an impact in a side that was struggling. 

6 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

If you were planning of getting rid of him at the end of the season would you go through the effort of bringing him back. I think there is a high chance clarke will look to sign him if he performs well between now and the end of the season

Is it that much of an effort to register a player? I would say it is simply a case of maximising the squad we had and to motivate the guy, which is a good move. I agree Clarke will have a look, but I fear the window of opportunity is too small for him to make an impact on staying or not. 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is that saying about leopards. After winning 3 games on the bounce I wouldn't take the chance of him disrupting things but I am not the manager. 

He’s trained with the vale since being de registered and by Clarke’s own admission he has trained very well and impressed. Why can’t the lad be given a 2nd chance? He’s hardly going to disrupt a squad he’s been part of all season. It’s also in his best interests to impress otherwise hr could see himself in non league next season 

100% Mckirdey fell out with Askey verbally in training, I’ve had that confirmed from multiple sources, but all that is in the past. A new manager has come in which gives him the opportunity to start again with a clean slate ready for next season. I don’t think Mckirdey needs praising for that, because he needed to grow up and come to the realisation that his fking about could completely scupper his career if he didn’t get on with it. 

Personally I think given the way that Clarke wants to play, that a winger who can create something is going to be very important to the formation and if he thinks he can handle this particular played attitude then good luck to him, I hope it works out. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

100% Mckirdey fell out with Askey verbally in training, I’ve had that confirmed from multiple sources, but all that is in the past. A new manager has come in which gives him the opportunity to start again with a clean slate ready for next season. I don’t think Mckirdey needs praising for that, because he needed to grow up and come to the realisation that his fking about could completely scupper his career if he didn’t get on with it. 

Personally I think given the way that Clarke wants to play, that a winger who can create something is going to be very important to the formation and if he thinks he can handle this particular played attitude then good luck to him, I hope it works out. 

Heard the same thing. It sounds like his attitude has improved, perhaps all this has shocked him in to change. 

If he plays well, and is not an issue in the dressing room then he could be useful if he finds his Carlisle form. What I would be concerned about, is that he plays well for a few weeks, gets a new contract and then reverts back to previous. Big question for Clarke, let's see what happens.

DC has seen him at close quarters for a few weeks now, where in reality McKirdy had nothing to gain bar keeping fit.

Despite this he has clearly shown enough to be given the chance presented by Mills unfortunate injury.

If DC thinks he is worthy of the opportunity and that he can get the best out of Harry that’s good enough for me.

Is it that much of an effort to register a player? I would say it is simply a case of maximising the squad we had and to motivate the guy, which is a good move. I agree Clarke will have a look, but I fear the window of opportunity is too small for him to make an impact on staying or not. 
I'm thinking the fact he was involved in the friendly against Hereford speaks volumes. If he was definitely being released Clarke wouldn't bother with him. Hopefully he's knuckled down and fighting for his career.

9 hours ago, valeparklife said:

"But after independent medical advice confirmed defender Mills was out for the remaining eight games, Vale took their case to the EFL and have been allowed to include McKirdy in his place."

I always thought that once you submit your final squad in January, that was that, regardless of injuries.

Your quote answers your own question?

10 hours ago, Doha said:

These were Clarke's comments on McKirdy about two weeks ago

Clarke is clearly a bit stronger/definitely a lot more belligerent than Askey so it'll be interesting to see if he can handle and channel Mckirdy's (unwarranted) enormous ego into tangible results. 

What Clarke says there is what folk were saying on here when he signed. Plenty of talent but can be a complete twonk. Let’s hope he appreciates the second chance, realises he’s not the Burslem Messi and knuckles down. 

Archived