Female ref for Harrogate game

Doha

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

What's unnatural? That someone knows the rules, applies them inteligently and runs a game better than most referees we have had to suffer this season!

Dad, I think I’ve caught one.

Advert:

Great to win an historic day. They will be saying in a hundred years time “first game a female reffed an English league game was in 2021 when Port Vale beat Harrogate 2-0”.  Females should not be disadvantaged in any way from refereeing a mans football match and we should have more female refs as long as it doesn’t become a situation where we have to have x amount of female officials to avoid discrimination.

5 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

Still think it’s unnatural.

On your own with this one you absolute weapon.

Clearly not a father to a daughter, as a lot of people in this world are (yes, beyond this football forum).

She did a great job and I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

On your own with this one you absolute weapon.

Clearly not a father to a daughter, as a lot of people in this world are (yes, beyond this football forum).

She did a great job and I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise.

woosh!

• Haha 1

Advert:

9 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Females should not be disadvantaged in any way from refereeing a mans football match and we should have more female refs as long as it doesn’t become a situation where we have to have x amount of female officials to avoid discrimination.

We’ve had one female referee in one match...ever. Let’s not sh!t ourselves. Men will be fine. 

11 hours ago, Warren said:

Rachel Welch was excellent today. In fact the best referee I have seen at our level for a long time. 

She did fine, but hardly the toughest game to referee. There was the one penalty appeal, other than that a walk in the park to be fair.

Advert:

9 hours ago, Andyregs said:

We’ve had one female referee in one match...ever. Let’s not sh!t ourselves. Men will be fine. 

Not sure if you were joking but I was trying to say the more women referees the better, the standard of refereeing has certainly improved through the years and why should women be any worse?