Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Posted (edited)

I agree actually, bit unnecessary.

No need.

I wont lose any sleep over it, as I imagine Doha wont either.

I always think it takes more effort to leave a little bit in like that than just be sound.

Just don't get why you'd do it as appose to not doing it.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite the redemption for Theo. Could have come out with two fingers to the fans, but a very nice sentiment. Fair play to him after a nightmare season.

Just seen this. Going post it on the Smallsall forum I am. Wind up some dodgy accented nitwits. 

Christ won 4 on the bounce and the moaning goes on and on and on and on still it gives the players a rest.

Posted Images

George’s questions are funny, he says something really obvious and then ends it with that’s the way it is Darrell isn’t it? He could literally just say “yes” and move on to the next question.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Brilliant stuff, well done lads, safe enough now. Amazing how we went from 'oh no, Barrow have equalised' to 'yes, Newport have lost, only 10pts from play-offs' in the space of 20mins!

So do we spend the last 6 games giving a few players some games, answer the remaining questions on the retain list/recruitment priorities? Thinking Scott, RCG, Hurst, Crookes (if/when fit).

Need to keep an eye on Orient ,  4 wins on the trot too.

• Like 1

Advert:

I didn't see what others have seen - Bowers was chuckling and Clarke had a smirk on his face.

Just seemed like a bit of fun.

Clarke obviously didn't want to answer and give anything away to the Harrogate manager by saying what he planned to do with his lineup on Monday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

If Clarke said why don’t you pick the team during last week’s post-match, he could of said “alright I’ll drop Robinson then.” 

Jokes

Let’s be honest the questions they get asked are mostly terrible. I love that he has a bit of spikiness about him because why would any manager want to reveal plans or squad updates before any game? So basically try and come up with better questions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A very well deserved win and lets be honest on about 4 different occasions during the game if we selected the right final ball we would have won that by a few more .

I thought we completely deserved the win were solid throughout in fact we were immense in a defensive sense and when we played we outplayed them too ,a smashing win and a nice send off for a really good player in Lee Collins .

I'm over the moon 4 wins  in a row .

Well done all involved it was a really good match 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Actually think Adams used to be far more spikes with his responses.

DC set the ground rules early doors, and for me the ZOOM press conferences have been quite informative and jovial.

With regards to his manner ‘within the club’ the players seem together, he has successfully reintegrated Robbo and Legge, made Mills and Crooks look like league players, managed Manny back to a position where he has played full games back to back, and mad3 us competitive again and led us to safety.

I am optimistic for the future when he will be working with his own squad.

in short he will do for me - spikes /banter whatever you wish to class it as.

Edited by Bald Eagle
  • Like 1

Advert:

Beat Harrogate and then come on to the post match half-cut shouting “how’d you like me now <ovf censored> I saved his <ovf censored> club yeeee hawwwww”

Great win, well deserved and barely gave them a sniff all game.

Could of had more which is the only criticism but thought Theo worked hard today and deserved his goal.

Defence was solid against the elbow flinging Bowman and four wins on the spin probably gets us safe.

Really pleased by the game management in injury time, don’t think the ball left the corner flag for around 3 and a half minutes of the 4 allotted!

Shame it’s come so late that we’ve found our mojo again but looks as though our worst fears won’t be realised and we have the structure to push on.

As for DC interview I don’t mind it; Adams was the same and it’s a bit on banter and doesn’t give Harrogate any hints.

I’d rather listen to him than some of the dull ones of recent managers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doha said:

That's not the point. The problem is does he also naturally act so aggressively behind the scenes with club staff. Slippery slope. 

The results seem to suggest they are definitely playing for him , wouldn’t worry about answering bland questions with a sharp comeback!!!