Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Advert:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite the redemption for Theo. Could have come out with two fingers to the fans, but a very nice sentiment. Fair play to him after a nightmare season.

Just seen this. Going post it on the Smallsall forum I am. Wind up some dodgy accented nitwits. 

Christ won 4 on the bounce and the moaning goes on and on and on and on still it gives the players a rest.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

That's not the point. The problem is does he also naturally act so aggressively behind the scenes with club staff. Slippery slope. 

I mean if the performances in the last 4 games are to go off id say hes got a good relationship with everyone at the club. Its one question lay off the bloke stop nit picking for negatives about him 

• Like 5

Bowers has asked questions about injurys numerous times and he has said he wont be answering them but he persists to ask so dont blame him for gettint annoyed at him

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He comes across as he hates clichéd answers and journos annoy him. 

Only the other day I think it was Phil Bowers who he told he'd have to rotate over Easter. 

He's going to be a Marmite manager and how it goes all depends on results. 

I thought that interview was really good. It's the one where he called Nathan Smith "a winner" and Smudge is certainly getting back to his best form, so DCs man management can't be that bad? I' doubt that he is a bit of a dictator / tyrant off the pitch, but I think he assumes that guise in interviews, sometimes - sees them as a necessary evil...a distraction, perhaps?

Advert:

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

I mean if the performances in the last 4 games are to go off id say hes got a good relationship with everyone at the club. Its one question lay off the bloke stop nit picking for negatives about him 

It isn't one question though is it, he's prickly in every interview. My gut feeling while listening to it is that there was no need to snap at the question like that, he's just won 4 in a row ffs. Deal with it. 

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

...Can’t moan about performance or result, so let’s moan about a flippant response to a question he has on numerous occasions said he won’t answer!

Exactly my thought! Reading things that aren't really there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

It isn't one question though is it, he's prickly in every interview. My gut feeling while listening to it is that there was no need to snap at the question like that, he's just won 4 in a row ffs. Deal with it. 

Yeah good im glad hes like that look where we are in the league? He sounds to me that hes here to actually achieve something goinf into mid table isnt somethint to sing and dance about 

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Christ won 4 on the bounce and the moaning goes on and on and on and on still it gives the players a rest.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He comes across as he hates clichéd answers and journos annoy him. 

Only the other day I think it was Phil Bowers who he told he'd have to rotate over Easter. 

He's going to be a Marmite manager and how it goes all depends on results. 

It is a bit like Brian Clough would say and he did not turn out to be a bad manager lets just roll with the Clarke bandwagon onwards and upwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Yeah good im glad hes like that look where we are in the league? He sounds to me that hes here to actually achieve something goinf into mid table isnt somethint to sing and dance about 

What the frig are you on about :laugh: Did you miss where I literally just said I like what he's doing? Just don't see why Bowers should have to be on eggshells every interview. 

Literally guarantee with your weekly wrist cutting over Askey earlier in the season that if we'd just lost four in a row and he was that snappy in his interviews you'd be screeching about it the way Smallsall fans ended up doing.   

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

Just now, Doha said:

What the frig are you on about :laugh: Did you miss where I literally just said I like what he's doing? Just don't see why Bowers should have to be on eggshells every interview. 

Literally guarantee with your weekly wrist cutting over Askey earlier in the season that if we'd just lost four in a row and he was that snappy in his interviews you'd be screeching about it.  

I mean i was right about askey? 

weve just won be happy stop looking for a negative when there isnt one there

Tried to offer charity bets to people who said they were certain we were relegated but nobody was having any of it!

Also said we would finish above Walsall and oh how they laughed at me...
They decided to give their money to Denise Coates instead for some reason.

Advert:

<ovf censored> me. I'm not moaning, I made a joke post about nominating him for an MBE earlier in the thread ffs. I'm just wary about his attitude in interviews coming back to bite him like it did with the Smallsall fans. Deal with it. 

I don't DC is going to be my best mate but the way the players past/present talk about his man management I really don't think it's a problem we need to think about. 

More worried we bring his old assistant in from drawsall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Yep, much prefer that to pissing about, especially if you don't feel comfortable doing that.  Not very progressive but the 1st rule of defending.

Absolutely right.  I've posted my frustration on-line many times when we have conceded goals (and lost games) after the 90mins point, when a bit of judicious 'hoofing' might have saved us the loss of those precious points!!