onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

19 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I see it the same way.  These guys probably see each other several times a week, most of which will be off air.  To me the comment sounded more like an inside joke.  The problem being that if you're not "inside" you might lose the context.

Phil's tone in his response of "I'm not the manager" didn't sound like someone who was on the defensive so I think that he took it as it was meant, or at least how I think that it was meant.

To be fair who cares weather it was meant as a joke or not it was a stupid question to ask straight after fridays game 

Advert

44 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

To be fair who cares weather it was meant as a joke or not it was a stupid question to ask straight after fridays 

To me it did sound like an inside joke.

It's a question you'd expect a journalist to ask and a manager to stonewall. Having watched the video it just looks like 2 people doing there job and having a bit of banter, both knowing what question would be asked and what the answer would be.

On 02/04/2021 at 18:59, Doha said:

Am I expecting too much in hoping that first game of the season, after a mental 16 months away, is a home sellout or close to it? *

* Bearing in mind the new LS concourse isn't finished, to the best of my knowledge.

It should certainly be a good gate, even if not a sell-out? And, if we see this season out in the same form we're showing now, there should be a massive buzz towards next season...especially with a spicy transfer window?

12 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Brisley. Hardly ever gets a mention. Love him.

Nowt fancy, just sticks it in row Z.

Nothing wrong with having CBs of differing attitude and proficiency - as has already been said, the opposition aren't scoring if the ball's in row Z!!!

Guest Vale at home
14 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Problem is after another great result we are talking about the after match interview with DC. I am extremely happy with all aspects of DC. What I don’t want is the kiss ass relationships we hear regularly between Angela Smith and O’Neill/Mckinlay and Mcgarry and Blartell.  Keep it up DC.

Yes .i do agree .¡

On 03/04/2021 at 09:19, onestepatatime said:

Quite rightly the whole squad and management have come in for glowing feelings after yet another excellent display, 

I would however like to just shout out my praise and thanks for Guthrie's late cameo yesterday.

He actually controlled the ball and did completely what we all wanted, in running time down and causing Exeter a few headaches. Like Robinson (fully deserved) both have struggled to show any goal scoring form but both proved yesterday what good coaching and probably encouragement from the manager can do for them. Had Guthrie scored at the end it would have made an absolutely fantastic day into utopia for me.

Well after the Harrogate game I needed to reprint my post from the after Exeter triumph. I just needed to again say well done to Guthrie for playing well and scoring. He has come in for diabolical stick but I, for one appreciate his unselfish play in shielding the ball and bringing in others to the action. OK, he's not a prolific scorer(we knew that from his Bradford Days) but since Clarke has been here we have all witnessed a definite upturn in Guthrie's input to games when he comes on. 

The whole squad now look as though they are enjoying life again and it cements my thoughts that Askey, unfortunately was well and truly out of his depth in League football.

Guthrie is being used pretty well at the minute. His all-round physicality is very effective late on, combined with some good hold up play and close control. Knackered defenders don't want to be marking a 6"3 forward who is fairly quick for his size, and one that is useful with the ball to feet.

In other sports, some players are retained for very specific circumstances - I know there are limits on squads and I don't massively wish to see Guthrie next season, but he's proven himself very effective at coming on, holding the ball up, winning free kicks, and running down time during this winning spell.

Again, Clarke has rapidly assessed a player and is getting much more out of them than others had. 

Archived