onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

15 hours ago, Mario said:

I'm so pleased, before the newport game some on here were openly mocking the team and the manager.... well DC and the boys have turned it round and deservedly so, special mention to Robinson well done lad.

Some of those people i haven't seen on here for a couple of games now

Advert

14 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Just listened literally nothing wrong with that answer at all . Need stop being a snowflake if that bothers you

I guess at this moment in time there is nothing else some can have a bit of a pop at DC about really is there.

I actually really like his brutal and honest interviews and i would take his interview every time over the last managers style

14 hours ago, Emile said:

I don't DC is going to be my best mate but the way the players past/present talk about his man management I really don't think it's a problem we need to think about. 

More worried we bring his old assistant in from drawsall

Who was his assistant at Bristol? if it was Dutton then i would imagine he will try get him here.. i do know DC likes Crosby though and it seems we want to try and persuade him to say which i hope he does

Be interesting Phil Bowers slant on it I know he comes on here occasionally. Perhaps because it's job confidentiality Phil wouldn't be able to say but I do get the impression Clarke has formed a good rapport with Phil and Mike Baguley. 

I'm might be totally barking up the wrong tree but I think some of it is definitely banter and tongue in cheek from Clarke whilst appearing prickly towards the journos 

Be interesting Phil Bowers slant on it I know he comes on here occasionally. Perhaps because it's job confidentiality Phil wouldn't be able to say but I do get the impression Clarke has formed a good rapport with Phil and Mike Baguley. 
I'm might be totally barking up the wrong tree but I think some of it is definitely banter and tongue in cheek from Clarke whilst appearing prickly towards the journos 
I would imagine they enjoy it as it's not the same boring answers to the same boring questions.

Quite rightly the whole squad and management have come in for glowing feelings after yet another excellent display, 

I would however like to just shout out my praise and thanks for Guthrie's late cameo yesterday.

He actually controlled the ball and did completely what we all wanted, in running time down and causing Exeter a few headaches. Like Robinson (fully deserved) both have struggled to show any goal scoring form but both proved yesterday what good coaching and probably encouragement from the manager can do for them. Had Guthrie scored at the end it would have made an absolutely fantastic day into utopia for me.

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It's an interaction. DC keeping them on their toes. Won't be tied down.

It's probably quite challenging for the journos.

Up to them to come up with better questions and have the courage to keep asking if they don't get answers.

There's a fine line though, annoying the manager doesn't encourage a useful discussion.

Problem is after another great result we are talking about the after match interview with DC. I am extremely happy with all aspects of DC. What I don’t want is the kiss ass relationships we hear regularly between Angela Smith and O’Neill/Mckinlay and Mcgarry and Blartell.  Keep it up DC.

I guess at this moment in time there is nothing else some can have a bit of a pop at DC about really is there.
I actually really like his brutal and honest interviews and i would take his interview every time over the last managers style
Agreed. Seems pretty clear to me it was a jokey remark to Phil Bowers, and was taken as such. I can understand DC being a bit sharp with some of the replies he gives in Press Briefings, where, to be blunt, the questions are by and large absolutely dreadful, indeed embarassing.

Having managed nearly 500 games, half of them with the Arabs, and a wide range of  football circumstances, I think he could handle local media in his sleep.  Difficulties arise with players personal questions, best kept indoors and a policy established, then curt answers must be expected as the norm.  

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I see it the same way.  These guys probably see each other several times a week, most of which will be off air.  To me the comment sounded more like an inside joke.  The problem being that if you're not "inside" you might lose the context.

Phil's tone in his response of "I'm not the manager" didn't sound like someone who was on the defensive so I think that he took it as it was meant, or at least how I think that it was meant.

3 hours ago, The French Connection said:
5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Agreed. Seems pretty clear to me it was a jokey remark to Phil Bowers, and was taken as such. I can understand DC being a bit sharp with some of the replies he gives in Press Briefings, where, to be blunt, the questions are by and large absolutely dreadful, indeed embarassing.

I have a lot of time for DC,I always warm to people who are no nonsense and don't play ball  with timewasting twaddle. Cult hero status beckoning.

Just now, Aguar61 said:

I have a lot of time for DC,I always warm to people who are no nonsense and don't play ball  with timewasting twaddle. Cult hero status beckoning.

I'm really warming to the guy.  I also notice that, since we've put a little run together, the feel of the press conferences and interviews has changed significantly.

5 games ago he was not really engaging in banter and his responses were pretty closed.  Following a good run his responses are more jovial, although his delivery is pretty dry, and the overall feel is more relaxed.

The important thing now is getting a few more wins in the bag and building some expectation for next season.  Hopefully that will be followed by season ticket sales, etc.

If he can get us those wins then I'm willing to give the guy a lot of slack.

Archived