onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Great win, well deserved and barely gave them a sniff all game.

Could of had more which is the only criticism but thought Theo worked hard today and deserved his goal.

Defence was solid against the elbow flinging Bowman and four wins on the spin probably gets us safe.

Really pleased by the game management in injury time, don’t think the ball left the corner flag for around 3 and a half minutes of the 4 allotted!

Shame it’s come so late that we’ve found our mojo again but looks as though our worst fears won’t be realised and we have the structure to push on.

As for DC interview I don’t mind it; Adams was the same and it’s a bit on banter and doesn’t give Harrogate any hints.

I’d rather listen to him than some of the dull ones of recent managers!

That's it for me.  I find myself looking forward to games again, and enjoy watching them.  I'm a Vale fan through thick and thin, as most of us are, but recently it's been quite a slog.

The atmosphere on here has changed over the last month.  No longer looking over our shoulders we can look forwards to being a force in this division next year.  Personally I feel that we can achieve something with the structure that we now have in place. 

I'm looking forwards to being able to travel back for a game or two next season.  Can't wait.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I'm looking forwards to being able to travel back for a game or two next season.  Can't wait.

Am I expecting too much in hoping that first game of the season, after a mental 16 months away, is a home sellout or close to it? *

* Bearing in mind the new LS concourse isn't finished, to the best of my knowledge.

16 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Let’s be honest the questions they get asked are mostly terrible. I love that he has a bit of spikiness about him because why would any manager want to reveal plans or squad updates before any game? So basically try and come up with better questions. 

I think he has a touch of the Micky Adams about him in that regard. Lets hope he is a successful.

I do think DC is a bit prickly in interviews but it’s ever likely with some of the daft questions Radio Joke ask.

”So Darrell, how pleased are you that Theo and Devante are gelling as a partnership?”

If he gave the correct answer of “very, next question” as I would do, people would be moaning as it’s hardly compulsive listening is it?

And I’m not singling out any particular interviewer by the way, as this seems to be commonplace across the entire team.

All too often the questions asked already contain the answers rather than asking open-ended ones and getting a much deeper insight.

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

For me we’ve spent so long losing all season just try and keep winning as long as possible. Maybe can see an argument for seeing what RCG and Scott have against Mansfield potentially. Crookes and Hurst we know with them.

Fair enough, winning is always a nice habit, but (at the risk of being a killjoy!), realistically the priority now has to be to start building towards next season.

I reckon we need more than one (likely dead rubber) match to properly assess how close RCG and Scott are, especially to see if Scott is potentially good enough to be no. 2 keeper. If they're close enough to being ready that we can use them as back-up, that could free up a couple of squad places, and allow us to prioritise other areas.

Hurst has only played in the team when it was on a downer and lacking confidence, just thought would be fairer to see how he gets on in a better performing, happier team.

Crookes I just thought would be useful to see if his recent good form was genuine improvement and so worth keeping as versatile back-up, or just an aberration, but appreciate he's had a few chances.

Oh, and should have added McKirdy to that list!

In any case it's great to be sat here in the position where we're debating if we should use the last 7 games to make a late, unlikely charge for the play-offs, or give some of the younger/nearly out of contract players a game. How unlikely did that scenario seem a couple of weeks ago?

Happy days, and Happy Easter Valiants!

22 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I do think DC is a bit prickly in interviews but it’s ever likely with some of the daft questions Radio Joke ask.

”So Darrell, how pleased are you that Theo and Devante are gelling as a partnership?”

If he gave the correct answer of “very, next question” as I would do, people would be moaning as it’s hardly compulsive listening is it?

And I’m not singling out any particular interviewer by the way, as this seems to be commonplace across the entire team.

All too often the questions asked already contain the answers rather than asking open-ended ones and getting a much deeper insight.

... totally agree with this. McGarry is the worst at it. his questions contain

29 minutes ago, Doha said:

Just seen this. Going post it on the Smallsall forum I am. Wind up some dodgy accented nitwits. 

Ex-4qbrWgAMOxW1?format=jpg&name=large

Go for it😂😂They're really glum tonight,as they mentioned Vale winning 4 on the bounce ,on their site 😂😂😂😍

A great win and great performance how long is it since we've looked comfortable leading 1-0. It says they had 2 shots on goal but tbh I don't think they ever really threatened our goal and their keeper kept the score down with 2 or 3 good saves. Every single player is performing and deserve credit but Rodney and Robinson unfront were unbelievable today

Archived