onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

It isn't one question though is it, he's prickly in every interview. My gut feeling while listening to it is that there was no need to snap at the question like that, he's just won 4 in a row ffs. Deal with it. 

Christ won 4 on the bounce and the moaning goes on and on and on and on still it gives the players a rest.

Advert

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He comes across as he hates clichéd answers and journos annoy him. 

Only the other day I think it was Phil Bowers who he told he'd have to rotate over Easter. 

He's going to be a Marmite manager and how it goes all depends on results. 

It is a bit like Brian Clough would say and he did not turn out to be a bad manager lets just roll with the Clarke bandwagon onwards and upwards.

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Yeah good im glad hes like that look where we are in the league? He sounds to me that hes here to actually achieve something goinf into mid table isnt somethint to sing and dance about 

What the frig are you on about :laugh: Did you miss where I literally just said I like what he's doing? Just don't see why Bowers should have to be on eggshells every interview. 

Literally guarantee with your weekly wrist cutting over Askey earlier in the season that if we'd just lost four in a row and he was that snappy in his interviews you'd be screeching about it the way Smallsall fans ended up doing.   

Just now, Doha said:

What the frig are you on about :laugh: Did you miss where I literally just said I like what he's doing? Just don't see why Bowers should have to be on eggshells every interview. 

Literally guarantee with your weekly wrist cutting over Askey earlier in the season that if we'd just lost four in a row and he was that snappy in his interviews you'd be screeching about it.  

I mean i was right about askey? 

weve just won be happy stop looking for a negative when there isnt one there

Tried to offer charity bets to people who said they were certain we were relegated but nobody was having any of it!

Also said we would finish above Walsall and oh how they laughed at me...
They decided to give their money to Denise Coates instead for some reason.

I don't DC is going to be my best mate but the way the players past/present talk about his man management I really don't think it's a problem we need to think about. 

More worried we bring his old assistant in from drawsall

<ovf censored> me. I'm not moaning, I made a joke post about nominating him for an MBE earlier in the thread ffs. I'm just wary about his attitude in interviews coming back to bite him like it did with the Smallsall fans. Deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Yep, much prefer that to pissing about, especially if you don't feel comfortable doing that.  Not very progressive but the 1st rule of defending.

Absolutely right.  I've posted my frustration on-line many times when we have conceded goals (and lost games) after the 90mins point, when a bit of judicious 'hoofing' might have saved us the loss of those precious points!!

I agree actually, bit unnecessary.

No need.

I wont lose any sleep over it, as I imagine Doha wont either.

I always think it takes more effort to leave a little bit in like that than just be sound.

Just don't get why you'd do it as appose to not doing it.

George’s questions are funny, he says something really obvious and then ends it with that’s the way it is Darrell isn’t it? He could literally just say “yes” and move on to the next question.

56 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Brilliant stuff, well done lads, safe enough now. Amazing how we went from 'oh no, Barrow have equalised' to 'yes, Newport have lost, only 10pts from play-offs' in the space of 20mins!

So do we spend the last 6 games giving a few players some games, answer the remaining questions on the retain list/recruitment priorities? Thinking Scott, RCG, Hurst, Crookes (if/when fit).

Need to keep an eye on Orient ,  4 wins on the trot too.

Archived