onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Training Facilities.

Advert

Listened to the Flitcroft interview. Pretty much everything he ever says feels like a soundbyte from a job interview.

Pertinent points for anyone who can't be arsed - 

Something about a football college/University course to generate year round income? Had people in to assess feasibility of it. Sounds like they want to offer coaching/UEFA/sports science qualifications with the club as the school. 

Sounded like he wants to convert one of the bycars pitches to a synthetic surface and contract it out.

New training facility away from VP. That was emphasised. They're very keen on keeping training seperate from the VP general area. Inspected a site on Tuesday. 

Existing club recruitment very 'unbalanced'

Wants to recruit a recruitment analyst (I know)

Academy woefully underperforming over time, part of Rooney's role to kickstart it 

Plssed off at club spending money on injured players

Scouted some U17s on Monday night

Will use consultants to analyse club in depth (Why!? That's literally your job Dave) 

Work ethic is non-negotiable during player recruitment, assessed via scouting data software by the sounds of it (@Joe B)

Already scouting/analysing the data on desired summer signings 

39 minutes ago, Doha said:

Listened to the Flitcroft interview. Pretty much everything he ever says feels like a soundbyte from a job interview.

Pertinent points for anyone who can't be arsed - 

Something about a football college/University course to generate year round income? Had people in to assess feasibility of it. Sounds like they want to offer coaching/UEFA/sports science qualifications with the club as the school. 

Sounded like he wants to convert one of the bycars pitches to a synthetic surface and contract it out.

New training facility away from VP. That was emphasised. They're very keen on keeping training seperate from the VP general area. Inspected a site on Tuesday. 

Existing club recruitment very 'unbalanced'

Wants to recruit a recruitment analyst (I know)

Academy woefully underperforming over time, part of Rooney's role to kickstart it 

Plssed off at club spending money on injured players

Scouted some U17s on Monday night

Will use consultants to analyse club in depth (Why!? That's literally your job Dave) 

Work ethic is non-negotiable during player recruitment, assessed via scouting data software by the sounds of it (@Joe B)

Already scouting/analysing the data on desired summer signings 

Some pleasing aspects. I just can't get over the Brent similarities. 

Announce the Signing Matrix, Flitters.

I don't really get this idea of moving the training facility away from Vale Park.Are we blaming this seasons home results on the fact that we are training next to VP or is it because we are using the same dressing room.I'd be tempted to put it more down to injuries,motivation,desire and the fact that there's no fans in the ground.You could argue that it eventually helped Crewe get promotion but also played a part as well in getting them and Stoke relegated too.Are they any stats that say training away from the home ground brings success?

It doesn't seem to affect Man.City.

Basically,it's all about the players and always will be and I would prefer to spend money on better players than on another training ground.

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I don't really get this idea of moving the training facility away from Vale Park.Are we blaming this seasons home results on the fact that we are training next to VP or is it because we are using the same dressing room.I'd be tempted to put it more down to injuries,motivation,desire and the fact that there's no fans in the ground.You could argue that it eventually helped Crewe get promotion but also played a part as well in getting them and Stoke relegated too.Are they any stats that say training away from the home ground brings success?

It doesn't seem to affect Man.City.

Basically,it's all about the players and always will be and I would prefer to spend money on better players than on another training ground.

Just because we've never done it doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Carol isn't Sheikh Mohammed and neither does she have his money to spend, but she's obviously convinced of the need for this and is prepared to stump up for the right location - at the right price. We don't know yet what the policy will be on player acquisition as the transfer window hasn't opened yet, but on this evidence I'd think that Carol is serious about building the side. 

Archived