onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another Coach

17 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

They aren’t overspending on the backroom staff at all, they are simply putting the right infrastructure in place. 

Can you not see the long term plan? 

Yes I get it and understand where you are coming from. There is a long term plan which  I appreciate we have lacked.   However in our current position undecided what is our most urgent spending priority , long term plan or short term fire fight. 

Advert

Guest Vale at home
19 hours ago, philmpv said:
20 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
I suppose there is always the concern that it's coming from the same pot. I know Carol has said it will not come from the playing budget but am concerned they are overspending on backroom staff. It's OK to have ambition but what is needed at our level or league 1 , think we are over egging the pudding. Appreciate playing budget limits are now in place. If we have spare cash would rather it be put away for a rainy day fund to spend on players when restrictions are eased or as a buffer to cover reduced season ticket sales .

How do you know we haven't already done that? Maybe trust Carol, obviously a very astute businesswoman, to plan properly and only spend what she can afford?

Guest Vale at home
20 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
20 hours ago, Vale1995 said:
At end of the day its not coming from the budget for the players so why are any fans bothered about appointing coaches 
if carol flickers clarke think its the right move then get behind it

I suppose there is always the concern that it's coming from the same pot. I know Carol has said it will not come from the playing budget but am concerned they are overspending on backroom staff. It's OK to have ambition but what is needed at our level or league 1 , think we are over egging the pudding. Appreciate playing budget limits are now in place. If we have spare cash would rather it be put away for a rainy day fund to spend on players when restrictions are eased or as a buffer to cover reduced season ticket sales .

Guest Vale at home
42 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes I get it and understand where you are coming from. There is a long term plan which  I appreciate we have lacked.   However in our current position undecided what is our most urgent spending priority , long term plan or short term fire fight. 

I do Agree . With the man in the pub .  (( Come on the vale )) we need 3 points on Saturday. 

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

I Am just thinking the same as you . 

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

I suppose it is possible to do more than one thing at a time with all the coaches we have now .

With regard to the finances, clubs in the EFL get grants from the Premier League for their academies. In Vale’s case the grant is in excess of £400k so I imagine the Academy coaches will be paid out of that pot rather than money which could be spent on the first team squad. 

6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Do you really think the appointment of Rooney is going to decide Saturday’s result? I’d be very surprised if it did. 

Just because we haven’t got over the finishing line yet, that doesn’t we can’t plan for the future. 

Carol simply just can’t win with some of you sometimes. Let her get on with it. 

Jesus!

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I suppose it is possible to do more than one thing at a time with all the coaches we have now .

Hahaha...it's called multitasking...or "working" as we mere mortals say! The Vale as a coaching Academy or Uni partner could be very lucrative? I'm certainly pleased we are looking at commercial ventures outside the usual shirt sponsorship and events venue.

Vale Park is a big ground, not really being used as much as it could be - why not explore what else is out there? Again - long term plan against short-term...er...plan?

Our wage bill for Director of football/coaches must be almost equal to the cost of the whole playing squad?  I don't want to sound churlish if this is another positive sign of the owners' commitment to the future, but sincerely hope that we can afford it in the current revenue-tight circumstances?

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

but sincerely hope that we can afford it in the current revenue-tight circumstances?

Why would we be doing this if we couldn't? She knows what she's doing. 

I'm not talking about you, I mean this in general, but if we don't get 4 wins in August I can already see the comments whinging about money spent on coaches instead of players. It's so predictable. 

Archived