Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

Correct, although

1. Too many eggs in one basket is a fair point someone made on here last week and

2. Clarke has already said something about sharing the goals amongst the team. 

Well weve tried spreadinf the eggs across baskets aproach for however long and its not worked. Why not take this risk if he were to get injured can always look for loans in the window and wed still have devante 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, toyahw said:

Yep, Walsall and Gas cast offs here we come. They can be poor but they have to have the woof woof billy big  testicles  mind set. Winners. Characters, Leaders. Heard it all before. Yawn. We'll be crap again next season. With a much better management diagram in place. 

The swear filter is so paranoid.  It does you just for normal words in context. I had my <ovf censored> Saturday.  My vaccination that is. No side effects, all good.

To be fair, they are step up from Macc Town cast offs or bankruptcy stock from Bury. 

Edited by TJHValiant
Spelling error.

22 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I can't imagine the new regime would consider resigning former players during our root and branch clear out. 

I would hope they wouldn't rule out signing a good player, just because he once had a spell with us? It's not like going out with a shopping list with ex-players' names on it?

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

The dodgy account which linked us with Benning and Mullen (!) has linked us with him.

People bang on about how bad rumours are but I just think they're good fun. Will be an enjoyable summer.

To be fair we will be linked with every man and his dog who have had half a career in and around the top end of L2 and bottom end of L1 as everyone knows we need a lot of players and we have a bit of money to spend.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

To be fair, they are step up from Macc Town cast offs or bankruptcy stock from Bury. 

Yeah. It is all up in the air now. Very bold from DC. I'm kind of concerned/excited. Next season will really be "where is the beef baby?"

Looking forward to it. But DC and DF have really put their todgers on the chopping board.

I really hope that it works out. As I am sure we all do.

• Like 1

Yeah. It is all up in the air now. Very bold from DC. I'm kind of concerned/excited. Next season will really be "where is the beef baby?"
Looking forward to it. But DC and DF have really put their todgers on the chopping board.
I have my concerns like you but he's not got rid of any one who you could say has been brilliant last season. Most could be replaced by a pub team and we would be better and the 4 main ones to replace have all been poor or poorly last season
Brown's ridiculous walsall & Cheltenham performances Joyce with his Grimsby away & Tranmere at home stupidly Monty and Pope barely played a season between them.

10 hours ago, toyahw said:

reminds me of brunos" very appy" days.😄:opps::drink:

Lee angol striker released by leyton orient might be someone we are interested in. Was at Mansfield a few seasons back so may have been there when flitcroft was. He hasn't got the greatest goalscoring record but at aged 26 he will be coming into his peak years now so could have that mullin at Cambridge season where he bangs in 30 goals.

• Like 1