onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

28 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am the total opposite after watching it,it has made me so more upbeat and positive about our future 

The comments on Danny Mayor though made me spit my coffee out ha

The very least fans can expect is a complete move away from totally <ovf censored> players who are clearly not up to the league standard / always injured. That in itself, even without many exciting signings, is a significant step forward.

Advert

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

The thing is next season, we won't be disappointed and feeling a bit gutted with second rate, bargain basement signings . Even if we're signing players we've never heard of, we know they will have been throughly scouted and analysed for months. They'll fit everything the club needs and everything their individual position needs. They won't have just have played a few games for Macc before. That's the difference.

Fast typer lol.

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am the total opposite after watching it,it has made me so more upbeat and positive about our future 

The comments on Danny Mayor though made me spit my coffee out ha

What did he say please ?

Wasn't able to watch/listen 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What did he say please ?

The question was asked “what number will Danny Mayor play in when we sign him in the summer”

Flickers gave the normal “I respect him as a player, he’s a winner, ball carrier, goals and assists... but he is Plymouth’s player” answer 

And then DC piped up “NUMBER ELEVEN” with a big smile and a laugh.

One of a few funny moments for DC tonight. 

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

What did he say please ?

It is going to be put on all social media today i think so people can watch

On the Mayor thing a fan asked what number will Danny Mayor be wearing next season which caused DF to rub his head and go all around the houses praising him then said but he is a plymouth player,then DC chipped in with it will be number 11. DC was actually quite funny last night,really enjoyed it and i am so optimistic on our future

I am very hopeful that we will get some very decent signings next season.

An analogy I would use is that if we were a restaurant and wanted to get a michelin star we would start by getting top recognised chefs (DF & DC) and make sure that they could have the tools and ingredients to make this happen. So for us, everything is in place regarding tools (coaches etc.), we just now need the best ingredients. 

Welcome to Vale Park Danny Mayor et al.😋

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The question was asked “what number will Danny Mayor play in when we sign him in the summer”

Flickers gave the normal “I respect him as a player, he’s a winner, ball carrier, goals and assists... but he is Plymouth’s player” answer 

And then DC piped up “NUMBER ELEVEN” with a big smile and a laugh.

One of a few funny moments for DC tonight. 

Not a good sign for Montano!

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

It is going to be put on all social media today i think so people can watch

On the Mayor thing a fan asked what number will Danny Mayor be wearing next season which caused DF to rub his head and go all around the houses praising him then said but he is a plymouth player,then DC chipped in with it will be number 11. DC was actually quite funny last night,really enjoyed it and i am so optimistic on our future

I also liked his cautious responses to everyone asking about the P (Promotion) word.... but when the 3rd question asked the same thing but talked about winning it as Champions his "Yeah, actually, forget the P word.... champions... easy" response was hilarious

I know that we all want a proven goal scorer who could notch 15-20 goals a season, but especially in the lower leagues players don’t continually achieve this. Take Mullins at Cambridge, fantastic season this season but hasn’t really set the world alight in previous seasons. 
I don’t know what’s changed this season whether C&K have had their hands the side of the sofa but look at the investment off the pitch, DF,DC and AC. When we have left it late before to sign players I don’t believe we will this year and it will be quality not quantity. I’d suggest with having had the unbeaten run this proves that apart from age there isn’t too much wrong with those that are playing. I wonder why JA purchased poor players whether it was down to the budget or just his lack of knowledge.?

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I also liked his cautious responses to everyone asking about the P (Promotion) word.... but when the 3rd question asked the same thing but talked about winning it as Champions his "Yeah, actually, forget the P word.... champions... easy" response was hilarious

He also told the sentinel to print we will be champions by december ha well he said mike print that in your bad paper funny

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I know that we all want a proven goal scorer who could notch 15-20 goals a season, but especially in the lower leagues players don’t continually achieve this. Take Mullins at Cambridge, fantastic season this season but hasn’t really set the world alight in previous seasons. 
?

Clarke acknowledged this a few weeks ago when talking about summat do with Robinson. It's all about getting the forward during the peak 2/3 years of of their 15 year careers. 

Archived