Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

7 hours ago, vale victory said:

see Aaron Collins is out of contract at Forrest green 23 and an eye for goal from midfield-would be an excellent signing

I would love him in our team. I have always been impressed with Collins. A tricky technical player at this level. 

• Like 1

Eisa would be a brilliant signing.

I get the feeling there are going to be a lot of good players available this summer as clubs won't be able to afford to keep a lot of them.

Buy yourself and season ticket and a shirt and plough your cash into Clarke's transfer warchest!

• Like 3

Its not dishonourable, no one under contract is guaranteed a place in the team. Players have to earn their place and not be guaranteed a place.
But surely if you have done enough to earn your place but aren't picked because of something in a contract that you were offered it isn't very honorable.

Its a bit like a car salesman getting a commission if they sell 10 cars in a month but everytime they get to 9 their manager asks them to give the mechanics a hand instead of greet customers.

Obviously 2 keepers needed, one of the best I have seen at this last few years was McKeown at Grimsby, had a great game in the game at their place when they scored late on to equalise after we battered them.  He made some decent saves the other week, think he is possibly out of contract having signed a 3 year deal in 2018, 31 years old and over 400 games, still young for a keeper.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I don't know why but I've got a sneaky feeling that Sam Hornby will be back as a Vale player. Out of contract I think this summer. Always liked him myself

Decent keeper he was just unfortunate he was behind a brilliant keeper 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Decent keeper he was just unfortunate he was behind a brilliant keeper 

We kept a few clean sheets that season playing one keeper behind another.😐🙃