Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Just seen Crawley's Jordan Tunnicliffe has made the L2 Team of The Season.
He's out of contract too I believe, would be a great addition at CB.
27 years old, 6'1 and has 5 goals this season too.
Didn't he spend the whole game early on in the season running away from Rodney once he had beaten their full back? I seem to remember thinking he was awful in that game.
  • Like 1

Advert:

On 01/05/2021 at 12:42, wotsyobeef said:
On 29/04/2021 at 20:32, valeparklife said:
Just seen Crawley's Jordan Tunnicliffe has made the L2 Team of The Season.
He's out of contract too I believe, would be a great addition at CB.
27 years old, 6'1 and has 5 goals this season too.

Didn't he spend the whole game early on in the season running away from Rodney once he had beaten their full back? I seem to remember thinking he was awful in that game.

I wouldn't judge a player over 1 game! 😂😂

Shane Tudor anyone?!

• Haha 1

Looks unlikely that we will be recruiting a 20 goal a season striker according to DC on the live press conference, as he said it would be out of our price range. So that's goodbye to my hopes that we would go for Orient's Danny Johnson, Oldham's Conor McAleny or Morecambe's Carlos Gomes (all, I understand, out of contract).

DF added that we are looking to have four or five strikers next season who have to get us 40 goals if we're going to go up. Just left me wondering who we are going to sign to get us there or if we will be relying on improvements from our existing forwards? 

DF and DC clearly have to keep their cards close to their chests but this was bit deflating to be honest. 

Looks unlikely that we will be recruiting a 20 goal a season striker according to DC on the live press conference, as he said it would be out of our price range. So that's goodbye to my hopes that we would go for Orient's Danny Johnson, Oldham's Conor McAleny or Morecambe's Carlos Gomes (all, I understand, out of contract).
DF added that we are looking to have four or five strikers next season who have to get us 40 goals if we're going to go up. Just left me wondering who we are going to sign to get us there or if we will be relying on improvements from our existing forwards? 
DF and DC clearly have to keep their cards close to their chests but this was bit deflating to be honest. 

Think we just need to wait and see before rolling out the “underwhelmed” line. This season isn’t even over yet!
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I am the total opposite after watching it,it has made me so more upbeat and positive about our future 

The comments on Danny Mayor though made me spit my coffee out ha

• Like 4

Advert:

18 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I am the total opposite after watching it,it has made me so more upbeat and positive about our future 

Don't get me wrong - the rest was very encouraging and we have a great future under our owners, so I'm optimistic about next season (that's a lot for me!).

It's just that one bit - I was hoping we'd go for a top signing up front.

Maybe they'll surprise us 😀

• Like 1

I think we’ll see some we’ll known lower league players with good experience signed up. Players that people on here will recognise and be happy with. If I had to bet I’d say not only will Theo be staying but he’ll also be in the top half of the earners, so a double <ovf censored> you to the idea of a big name scorer coming in.

The thing is next season, we won't be disappointed and feeling a bit gutted with second rate, bargain basement signings . Even if we're signing players we've never heard of, we know they will have been throughly scouted and analysed for months. They'll fit everything the club needs and everything their individual position needs. They won't have just played a few games for Macc before. That's the difference.

Edited by Mellor!
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

The very least fans can expect is a complete move away from totally <ovf censored> players who are clearly not up to the league standard / always injured. That in itself, even without many exciting signings, is a significant step forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

The thing is next season, we won't be disappointed and feeling a bit gutted with second rate, bargain basement signings . Even if we're signing players we've never heard of, we know they will have been throughly scouted and analysed for months. They'll fit everything the club needs and everything their individual position needs. They won't have just have played a few games for Macc before. That's the difference.

Fast typer lol.

Advert:

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What did he say please ?

Wasn't able to watch/listen 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What did he say please ?

The question was asked “what number will Danny Mayor play in when we sign him in the summer”

Flickers gave the normal “I respect him as a player, he’s a winner, ball carrier, goals and assists... but he is Plymouth’s player” answer 

And then DC piped up “NUMBER ELEVEN” with a big smile and a laugh.

One of a few funny moments for DC tonight. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

What did he say please ?

It is going to be put on all social media today i think so people can watch

On the Mayor thing a fan asked what number will Danny Mayor be wearing next season which caused DF to rub his head and go all around the houses praising him then said but he is a plymouth player,then DC chipped in with it will be number 11. DC was actually quite funny last night,really enjoyed it and i am so optimistic on our future

• Like 1

Advert:

I am very hopeful that we will get some very decent signings next season.

An analogy I would use is that if we were a restaurant and wanted to get a michelin star we would start by getting top recognised chefs (DF & DC) and make sure that they could have the tools and ingredients to make this happen. So for us, everything is in place regarding tools (coaches etc.), we just now need the best ingredients. 

Welcome to Vale Park Danny Mayor et al.😋

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The question was asked “what number will Danny Mayor play in when we sign him in the summer”

Flickers gave the normal “I respect him as a player, he’s a winner, ball carrier, goals and assists... but he is Plymouth’s player” answer 

And then DC piped up “NUMBER ELEVEN” with a big smile and a laugh.

One of a few funny moments for DC tonight. 

Not a good sign for Montano!

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

It is going to be put on all social media today i think so people can watch

On the Mayor thing a fan asked what number will Danny Mayor be wearing next season which caused DF to rub his head and go all around the houses praising him then said but he is a plymouth player,then DC chipped in with it will be number 11. DC was actually quite funny last night,really enjoyed it and i am so optimistic on our future

I also liked his cautious responses to everyone asking about the P (Promotion) word.... but when the 3rd question asked the same thing but talked about winning it as Champions his "Yeah, actually, forget the P word.... champions... easy" response was hilarious