Who to sign for next season?

Advert:

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very harsh and, if nothing else, shows the demand for instant success amongst football supporters nowadays. His first season in league football, was the sole shining light when we were playing absolut

£10,000 is better than £0 as the only reason he'd be going now is the new regime have clearly decided with his injury history he's too risky to be given another deal in the summer.  Disappointing

God help him if he came here. 1 game without scoring: 'We're going to achieve nothing with non league signings', 'he's crap', 'we should have kept Guthrie', 'we need Pope'.....

Posted Images

Probably offered Hurst a contract because his wages will be pretty cheap and there’s the potential that he could come good.
I’m yet to be convinced by him and I wouldn’t have kept him on. His end product is zero and I’m not sure what he actually offers to the team. It’s no surprise that our best run has been with him featuring very little. 
Besides, I think Carol has more than proven that she is not doing things on the cheap, so I very much doubt wages even come into it
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Very harsh and, if nothing else, shows the demand for instant success amongst football supporters nowadays. His first season in league football, was the sole shining light when we were playing absolutely awful, much better crossing than amoo and montano, yet written off by some.

With development being the driving force, more of the same type of player can be expected especially in years 2 and 3. Immediate priority is to get into L1 and to be able to play better football, this will need some mature players  but don`t expect before July. 

• Like 1

He's no where near ready to play league football yet as was mentioned before he has no end product but the lad has come on loads this year and if we get him out to a club in the league below he will come good.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

much better crossing than amoo and montano

To say you've have exaggerated would be an understatement. 

• Like 1

Advert:

People might think I’m being harsh but I just can’t see Hurst being a regular first team player next season and is he really that good as a back up? If he wasn’t one of the lowest earners then he wouldn’t be offered a contract, simple as. Therefore it’s a low risk signing with the potential of Hurst coming good. 

He works hard and seems to have a good attitude so I wish him all the best. Hope it works out. 

• Like 1

He's no where near ready to play league football yet as was mentioned before he has no end product but the lad has come on loads this year and if we get him out to a club in the league below he will come good.
Maybe the thinking is he'll come on loads more next season as well. I doubt he'll be loaned out, myself.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The French Connection said:
3 hours ago, dishydave said:

Maybe the thinking is he'll come on loads more next season as well. I doubt he'll be loaned out, myself.

Maybe  the thinking is that all the coaches we have now will improve the players that are being kept?

• Like 3

Advert:

Hurst is raw but is something there to work with, Walsall fans at their place were rating him as one of the best players they’ve faced.

With the coaching in place now he is possibly one Clarke will feel he could develop

• Like 3

I'm pretty much repeating other posters. I'm surprised to be honest to see him kept. 

However the bigger picture is he was playing in the horrendous run and never hid or downed tools , he hasn't played in our resurgence but that's because we almost have our strongest team out and at the moment he's not good enough for our best X1 .

There's potential there and again I'm copying others he could either go on loan or play the Reece Brown scenario where once you get a chance then it's up to you to keep the shirt. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'm pretty much repeating other posters. I'm surprised to be honest to see him kept. 

However the bigger picture is he was playing in the horrendous run and never hid or downed tools , he hasn't played in our resurgence but that's because we almost have our strongest team out and at the moment he's not good enough for our best X1 .

There's potential there and again I'm copying others he could either go on loan or play the Reece Brown scenario where once you get a chance then it's up to you to keep the shirt. 

Well, we are now employing  highly  qualified  managers, coaches, and a  DoF,  to build a team for the future as well as next season.  Some players will not develop for various reasons, hopefully enough will to fund the management set-up and progress the club.  I expect there will be many surprises.

• Like 1

Exactly we do not know all the facts! Carol ethos is to bring on and develop young talent, and I put my faith in our management to build the squad with the right players both physically and just as important mentally to progress the club.

We have already invested in Hurst and maybe not quite ready but he has shown some potential ! So in my opinion it’s a good decision. 

• Like 1

With Hurst, I see someone that's 21 so young enough to develop. Someone that works hard and puts a shift in every game. Someone that is quick, can dribble and can beat a man. Someone that is positive and looks to attack/press aggressively. 

There's enough to work with. Good backup option off the bench.

• Like 2

Advert:

18 hours ago, philmpv said:

Have you actually seen amoos and montys crossing? It's woeful!

Have you seen Hurst's crosses? Awful.

36 minutes ago, MBE said:

Have you seen Hurst's crosses? Awful.

It's League Two. What do you expect? 

Is anyone a "good crosser" in this league?

There are international Premier League players that can't cross a ball!

• Like 3