onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

After reading through the retained list , I am of the opinion we get rid of all the players out of contract, try to move on Robinson and Whitehead. The I would offer 12 month deals on sensible deals which improves their salary on games played to Pope, Legge, Monty and Manny.

So we will need to sign a lot of players for next season, so I have had a small look to see who I think could improve our squad. The following list are of players I believe whose contracts expire at the end of this season.

Goalkeeper:-

Ian Lawlor Oldham age 26 6'4"

Defenders:-

Daniel Happe Leyton Orient centre half age 22 6'5"

Connor Wood Bradford left back age 24 5'10"

Midfield:-

Harry Pell Colchester centre midfield age 29 6'4"

Abo Eisa Scunthorpe left winger age 25 5'11"

Striker:-

Paul Mullin Cambridge age 26 5'10''

Kyle Wootton Notts County age 24 6'2" (still has 1 year on his contract so might need a fee to sign him if Notts County do not get promoted back to Division 2)

To also supplement the squad I have identified the following players we could perhaps get on loan:-

Nathan Bishop Goalkeeper Man Utd age 21

Con Ouzoundis centre half Everton age 21

Liam Doyle defensive midfielder Liverpool age 21

Liam Delap striker Man City age 18

Obviously I would hope that the Premier League clubs would subsidise the wages.

Advert

11 minutes ago, rayzer said:

After reading through the retained list , I am of the opinion we get rid of all the players out of contract, try to move on Robinson and Whitehead. The I would offer 12 month deals on sensible deals which improves their salary on games played to Pope, Legge, Monty and Manny.

Not really getting rid of all of them if you're offering four of them new contracts lol. I think Pope has earned a secure contract for his achievements here, though it will probably have to be less money than the big contract he is likely to be on at the moment. Legge would appear to have sorted out some kind of contract agreement already so we'll have to wait and see on that one. Monty and Manny should be in the starting eleven every week if not for injury so I think it's fair for them to be given a play-as-you play kind of deal as they've both had injury problems.

19 minutes ago, rayzer said:

So we will need to sign a lot of players for next season, so I have had a small look to see who I think could improve our squad. The following list are of players I believe whose contracts expire at the end of this season.

Kyle Wootton Notts County age 24 6'2" (still has 1 year on his contract so might need a fee to sign him if Notts County do not get promoted back to Division 2)

To also supplement the squad I have identified the following players we could perhaps get on loan:-

Eisa and Mullin will go higher than league 2 if they leave their clubs.

Pell is a good player but I thought he was poor against us the other Fay. 

With the squad limits it might be that numbers be more of concern just getting the quantity of players down and the actual wages are less of a concern. So perhaps offer Manny and Monty six month deals and if they're holding up in January then keep them registered for the second half of the season, if not then release them and bring in someone new?

Someone's been playing Football Manager

Mullen whilst a one season wonder I think would be in demand higher up.

Eisa may be achievable.

Happe always looks a liability when I see him against us.

Wouldn’t mind Senior but he’s apparently usually only good against us!

Would like Piergianni from Oldham in the back 4 mind. They look awful defensively but he stands up to everything.

24 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Mullen whilst a one season wonder I think would be in demand higher up.

Eisa may be achievable.

Happe always looks a liability when I see him against us.

Wouldn’t mind Senior but he’s apparently usually only good against us!

Would like Piergianni from Oldham in the back 4 mind. They look awful defensively but he stands up to everything.

I liked the look of bahamboula (not sure I spelt it correctly), when we played Oldham.

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Liam Delap absolutely no chance. He's played a few first team games. Championship would be his loan destination not League 2. 

I'll throw a name into the pot Aaron Wildig Morecambe. 

I like Wildig too. Good shout.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Would like Piergianni from Oldham

He's had two great games against us this season.

With the financial damage from the pandemic and the squad size limitations, this summer is a great opportunity for a club like Vale, in need of a big turnover and with financial backing, to go poaching and pick off a few weaker recruitment rivals. No more Macc castoffs, I'm sick to death of the dearth of tinpotters in this league with quality signings when we pick up Whitehead and Robinson, it's mental. 

Archived