onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Advert

29 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So the new sophisticated recruitment system is to sign players DC likes and have played for him before. 😂😂

Yep, Walsall and Gas cast offs here we come. They can be poor but they have to have the woof woof billy big  testicles  mind set. Winners. Characters, Leaders. Heard it all before. Yawn. We'll be crap again next season. With a much better management diagram in place. 

The swear filter is so paranoid.  It does you just for normal words in context. I had my <ovf censored> Saturday.  My vaccination that is. No side effects, all good.

3 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Yep, Walsall and Gas cast offs here we come. They can be <ovf censored> but they have to have the woof woof billy big <ovf censored> mind set. Winners. Characters, Leaders. Heard it all before. Yawn. We'll be crap again next season. With a much better management diagram in place. 

What are you basing that on? Absolutely <ovf censored> nothing is the answer. Wait and see who we sign before you spout your negative crap. 

5 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Yep, Walsall and Gas cast offs here we come. They can be <ovf censored> but they have to have the woof woof billy big <ovf censored> mind set. Winners. Characters, Leaders. Heard it all before. Yawn. We'll be crap again next season. With a much better management diagram in place. 

Just renewed my season ticket today thanks for that feel quiet p----d off with fellow fans like you.

46 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Feels like Joyce leaving paves the way for Sinclair from Walsall to come in. DC's favourite player

Why would we go through the trouble and expense of restructuring the club  from top to bottom with a DOF and proper scouting system just to sign players the manager already knows.

I expect the identity of transfer targets are going to be a bit more sophisticated than that.

19 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Just renewed my season ticket today thanks for that feel quiet p----d off with fellow fans like you.

Don’t worry about RZ. He doesn’t like DC for some reason and fair enough, his choice... you can’t please everyone.

Don’t let him bring you down! Enjoy the excitement and hope for next season! 

UTV

On 23/03/2021 at 13:49, rayzer said:

After reading through the retained list , I am of the opinion we get rid of all the players out of contract, try to move on Robinson and Whitehead. The I would offer 12 month deals on sensible deals which improves their salary on games played to Pope, Legge, Monty and Manny.

So we will need to sign a lot of players for next season, so I have had a small look to see who I think could improve our squad. The following list are of players I believe whose contracts expire at the end of this season.

Goalkeeper:-

Ian Lawlor Oldham age 26 6'4"

Defenders:-

Daniel Happe Leyton Orient centre half age 22 6'5"

Connor Wood Bradford left back age 24 5'10"

Midfield:-

Harry Pell Colchester centre midfield age 29 6'4"

Abo Eisa Scunthorpe left winger age 25 5'11"

Striker:-

Paul Mullin Cambridge age 26 5'10''

Kyle Wootton Notts County age 24 6'2" (still has 1 year on his contract so might need a fee to sign him if Notts County do not get promoted back to Division 2)

To also supplement the squad I have identified the following players we could perhaps get on loan:-

Nathan Bishop Goalkeeper Man Utd age 21

Con Ouzoundis centre half Everton age 21

Liam Doyle defensive midfielder Liverpool age 21

Liam Delap striker Man City age 18

Obviously I would hope that the Premier League clubs would subsidise the wages.

Wow ,you were almost  spot on with that first paragraph Rayzer😊

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Yep, Walsall and Gas cast offs here we come. They can be poor but they have to have the woof woof billy big  testicles  mind set. Winners. Characters, Leaders. Heard it all before. Yawn. We'll be crap again next season. With a much better management diagram in place. 

The swear filter is so paranoid.  It does you just for normal words in context. I had my <ovf censored> Saturday.  My vaccination that is. No side effects, all good.

I am being genuinely serious here, because I want to understand.

Can you articulate exactly what you don't like about Clarke?

It can't be his managerial ability as he won 8 and drew 1 with a team that had won 3 in 23, going from one of the worst defences to one of the most formidable, with 4 promotions under his belt.

Is it a personal thing? I find him a tad abrasive at times too but have reconciled to the fact that I can't moralise anymore; we need wins and promotion, at any cost.

Seriously; you're in every thread making snarky comments, refusing to ever praise him. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is.

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lee Nicholls - 6'5'' goalkeeper, 20 clean sheets in 51 games in league 2 for Northampton, 28 years old - Played for DC on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Just released from MK Dons after not playing much, but last season he had the highest number of saves in league 1, saved 3 penalties and had the second highest saves from shots inside the box!

He is known as a keeper good with his feet too and had an 87% pass completion ratio which was the 3rd highest in the whole EFL.

Wow! If we are after the likes of him then bril. Well dug out Iron Curtain. Let's hope DC and DF are scouting such replacements.

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lee Nicholls - 6'5'' goalkeeper, 20 clean sheets in 51 games in league 2 for Northampton, 28 years old - Played for DC on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Just released from MK Dons after not playing much, but last season he had the highest number of saves in league 1, saved 3 penalties and had the second highest saves from shots inside the box!

He is known as a keeper good with his feet too and had an 87% pass completion ratio which was the 3rd highest in the whole EFL.

An amazing shout! Get Iron Curtain on our scouting staff! 

Archived