onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Advert

Its not dishonourable, no one under contract is guaranteed a place in the team. Players have to earn their place and not be guaranteed a place.
But surely if you have done enough to earn your place but aren't picked because of something in a contract that you were offered it isn't very honorable.

Its a bit like a car salesman getting a commission if they sell 10 cars in a month but everytime they get to 9 their manager asks them to give the mechanics a hand instead of greet customers.

Obviously 2 keepers needed, one of the best I have seen at this last few years was McKeown at Grimsby, had a great game in the game at their place when they scored late on to equalise after we battered them.  He made some decent saves the other week, think he is possibly out of contract having signed a 3 year deal in 2018, 31 years old and over 400 games, still young for a keeper.

18 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I don't know why but I've got a sneaky feeling that Sam Hornby will be back as a Vale player. Out of contract I think this summer. Always liked him myself

Decent keeper he was just unfortunate he was behind a brilliant keeper 

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Obviously 2 keepers needed, one of the best I have seen at this last few years was McKeown at Grimsby, had a great game in the game at their place when they scored late on to equalise after we battered them.  He made some decent saves the other week, think he is possibly out of contract having signed a 3 year deal in 2018, 31 years old and over 400 games, still young for a keeper.

Lee Nicholls - 6'5'' goalkeeper, 20 clean sheets in 51 games in league 2 for Northampton, 28 years old - Played for DC on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Just released from MK Dons after not playing much, but last season he had the highest number of saves in league 1, saved 3 penalties and had the second highest saves from shots inside the box!

He is known as a keeper good with his feet too and had an 87% pass completion ratio which was the 3rd highest in the whole EFL.

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

The best keeper at our level is Hladky but we wouldn’t get him.

For two seasons Scott Brown was one of if not the most reliable player in our squad. He has been good again this year and I’m shocked he’s been released. I hope we sign someone who is as good a shot stopper as Brown but commands his area better. 

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lee Nicholls - 6'5'' goalkeeper, 20 clean sheets in 51 games in league 2 for Northampton, 28 years old - Played for DC on loan at Bristol Rovers.

Just released from MK Dons after not playing much, but last season he had the highest number of saves in league 1, saved 3 penalties and had the second highest saves from shots inside the box!

He is known as a keeper good with his feet too and had an 87% pass completion ratio which was the 3rd highest in the whole EFL.

He's a great shout IC. If we are looking for a GK with this kind of profile then Browny had no chance of a new contract.

Archived