onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

On the goalscorer thing,they were saying a proven one is very expensive so we are better bringing on our own,that could be unearthing one from the youth team,a gem from non league or a young lad released(like the one crawley found).

Clarke also pointed out that the top scorer at Cheltenham has 8 league goals so it is just as good an idea to spread the goals around rather than rely on one bloke who might get injured. 

Lee Nicholls released from MK Dons

28 years old

6'5'' goalkeeper

20 clean sheets in 51 games in league 2 for Northampton

First choice at Dons up until this season where he has only played 7 games

Played for DC on loan at Rovers and was described as someone he has liked and chased for a while at the time.

No brainer on paper. Big questions are 1. whether we could afford him and 2. whether he'd move this far north

28 years old
6'5'' goalkeeper
Played for DC on loan at Rovers and was described as someone he has liked and chased for a while at the time.

Sorry i meant thats what they said last night more or less,bringing on our own or finding our own

I know mate, I'm just exasperated at the repetition of smaller clubs with smaller revenue picking up better forwards than us. Lee Hughes 8 years ago was the last proven goalscorer we signed. No coincidence that since we've been relegated and fought multiple relegation battles while getting to enjoy enduring the likes of Jordan Archer, Robinson, Jordan Slew and Martin Paterson.

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

No brainer on paper. Big questions are 1. whether we could afford him and 2. whether he'd move this far north

He's from Huyton in Liverpool originally and started his career at Wigan.. could work out that he wants to come back up North.

Sorry i meant thats what they said last night more or less,bringing on our own or finding our own

It’ll have to be finding a player. As our with all clubs, youth players that show any potential, then their agents are always on the lookout to progress the player up the divisions and the knock on affect of this is lining their own pockets.

Yes indeed. But he's been down south for a while so his family may be settled. We'll see I suppose, if we're even interested in him. If we were, I can't see him coming as a no 2, so that would be it for Brown, unless he'd be happy to play second fiddle for a season

He's from Huyton in Liverpool originally and started his career at Wigan.. could work out that he wants to come back up North.

33 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

28 years old

6'5'' goalkeeper

He is considered a ball playing keeper and had the second highest pass completion % of keepers in the EFL in the 2019/20 season.

He also made the highest % of saves in league 1 that year.

Video highlights reel = https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1249366667206905856?s=20

Begs the question why he wasnt first choice this year.

I love the closed season. 

Dodgy transfer site saying we are looking at Tshimanga at Boreham wood..... i mentioned him on here a while ago,wants to try league two as he has averaged 1 in 2 in national league south and then the national league but again another southern based player

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

He is considered a ball playing keeper and had the second highest pass completion % of keepers in the EFL in the 2019/20 season.

Video highlights reel = https://twitter.com/MKDonsFC/status/1249366667206905856?s=20

Hopefully DC with his contacts will know the answer, 

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

IF and its a big IF we were interested then i think that would spell the end of Brown here as i cant see that lad coming in as cover

I still think Brown could give us another good season or two

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Dodgy transfer site saying we are looking at Tshimanga at Boreham wood..... i mentioned him on here a while ago,wants to try league two as he has averaged 1 in 2 in national league south and then the national league but again another southern based player

Looks a good prospect and he'll certainly have good memories of the Vale as he made his debut against us in an FA cup game for MK Dons in 2014 - which they won!

Just noticed that he is only 23 and also out of contract in the summer, so could be on DC's longlist.

Archived