onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Advert

On 13/04/2021 at 18:41, stupers said:

I wouldn't be getting rid of Burgess. I like him. And Taylor too. Burgess hasn't had much of a chance under Clarke yet, but I'm sure they will look at him in the last 5 games. Taylor looks disjointed, but it's been a funny season for him. A full pre-season with one club under his belt and I think we'll see the same player we had in 2019/2020...

...Conlon, I think if a good offer comes in he will move on unless we can tie him down to a longer deal. I think he has a year to run on his contract, if he isn't willing to sign a new one then you should sell him for a good price whilst you can. 

Then Whitehead, they should find a way to move him on, even if it costs a few quid. I don't know where he fits in at all. Sometimes you just have to accept a mistake and move on.

I think, of the 4 most-mentioned on this thread: Taylor, Conlon, Burgess and Whitehead (the lesser-known Russian Spy circle) only Whitehead will be moved on, plus I think Joyce will go. Conlon, I have a feeling, would stay with the Vale unless a huge offer / big club comes in? Unfinished business, really. Hurst seems to be well-thought of by DC, and a nice little feature on Burgess shows a level-headed lad, sensibly waiting for a chance. And these 3 all fit the profiles of being young, with some ability and more chance to develop than bringing in someone of, say, Manny's age? 

On 15/04/2021 at 18:48, werstayinup said:

I do think Hurst could play through the middle more so than out wide

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets tried in Manny's position between now and the end of the season for one or two games.

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

It's League Two. What do you expect? 

Is anyone a "good crosser" in this league?

There are international Premier League players that can't cross a ball!

He will improve of course but just don't see how he is worthy of an over 21 aged squad place for a club in L2 which should have ambitions to reach the play offs as a minimum.

56 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I think, of the 4 most-mentioned on this thread: Taylor, Conlon, Burgess and Whitehead (the lesser-known Russian Spy circle) only Whitehead will be moved on, plus I think Joyce will go. Conlon, I have a feeling, would stay with the Vale unless a huge offer / big club comes in? Unfinished business, really. Hurst seems to be well-thought of by DC, and a nice little feature on Burgess shows a level-headed lad, sensibly waiting for a chance. And these 3 all fit the profiles of being young, with some ability and more chance to develop than bringing in someone of, say, Manny's age? 

Where is the feature in Burgess LT? Any chance of a link?

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets tried in Manny's position between now and the end of the season for one or two games.

I'd be astonished mate if he was tried in Manny's position ?

Powerhouse central Midfield ? 

Surely not 

14 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'd be astonished mate if he was tried in Manny's position ?

Powerhouse central Midfield ? 

Surely not 

Manny doesn't play in a position that needs to be as physical as he is. We've used him as an inside forward, doing to the right of Joyce what Conlon does to the left. He does it differently to Conlon. None of the options for that right inside forward role offers the same physicality Manny offered. Burgess, Taylor and Whitehead have all been consistently poor this season.

Archived