onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

Agree with almost all of that, but why not give McKirdy a proper chance? Midfielders or wide players that can get past or close to double figures over a season, which he did at his previous club, aren't to be sniffed at. Clearly he's a bit of a loose cannon personality wise, but get him focused and there's a player there.

To be fair if he would accept a minimal deal based on the fact he would be coming back in from a freezing cold, it might be tempting. 

Advert

One who may be a possible and potentially game changing signing if we budget for it is James Norwood. Goal machine at this level but flunked in league one with Ipswich (their fans want him gone).

Would be a few takers and would probably have to throw good money at him but he is your 20 goal man at this level.

We need a decent left back/left wing back Conner wood ( Bradford  city ) or Mal Benning ( mansfield fc ) both out of contract end of this season . Mal Benning played under DF was in EFL team of the season under DF management 

9 hours ago, Josh said:

We need a decent left back/left wing back Conner wood ( Bradford  city ) or Mal Benning ( mansfield fc ) both out of contract end of this season . Mal Benning played under DF was in EFL team of the season under DF management 

2 decent shouts there... They would suit the 352 / 532 wing back positions nicely if that's what he is going to recruit for.

Would we need someone who is a good old fashionediond left back for when / if we switch to 4 at the back maybe?

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Don't know much about Wood. 

Benning a great shout , him and CJ Hamilton always stood out for Mansfield. He'd be a cracking signing. 

Probably offered Hurst a contract because his wages will be pretty cheap and there’s the potential that he could come good.

I’m yet to be convinced by him and I wouldn’t have kept him on. His end product is zero and I’m not sure what he actually offers to the team. It’s no surprise that our best run has been with him featuring very little. 

Probably offered Hurst a contract because his wages will be pretty cheap and there’s the potential that he could come good.
I’m yet to be convinced by him and I wouldn’t have kept him on. His end product is zero and I’m not sure what he actually offers to the team. It’s no surprise that our best run has been with him featuring very little. 

Very harsh and, if nothing else, shows the demand for instant success amongst football supporters nowadays. His first season in league football, was the sole shining light when we were playing absolutely awful, much better crossing than amoo and montano, yet written off by some.

Besides, I think Carol has more than proven that she is not doing things on the cheap, so I very much doubt wages even come into it

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Very harsh and, if nothing else, shows the demand for instant success amongst football supporters nowadays. His first season in league football, was the sole shining light when we were playing absolutely awful, much better crossing than amoo and montano, yet written off by some.

With development being the driving force, more of the same type of player can be expected especially in years 2 and 3. Immediate priority is to get into L1 and to be able to play better football, this will need some mature players  but don`t expect before July. 

Archived