onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Advert

Smart to make sure he doesn’t sign with someone else in the league as a free agent. Getting any money for him now is a savvy move and let’s be honest he’s one 50-50 away from months on the sidelines. Shame but all in all probably for the best. Players come and go.

8 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I think this is fascinating. Clearly DC and our DOF have agreed on this and then sold it to our owners who, as fans, must surely have a soft spot for Manny. It suggests to me they had no intention of keeping him. So what sort of level of player are they going to be aiming at?

The writing appears to be on the wall for TP if this is their modus operandi.  

We don't know who instigated the deal or how, but once it's on the table you have to weigh it up and make a business decision.

The situation with TP will be judged on its own merits, but a decision will be made with a business head on.

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

The situation with TP will be judged on its own merits, but a decision will be made with a business head on.

Always 4 ply for me. Can’t just think economically, it’s a comfort thing too.

This stint may decide whether Taylor is going to feature at all under DC in any meaningful capacity. If Manny has gone that is. There is a good player in there somewhere, and it’s time to find out if it’s ever coming back.

This looks like the first moves of the new professional football set up.

Offering Manny a contract would be a decision equivalent to signing someone from another club... unlike in the past (according to Flickers and DC) that would require a medical.

My guess is that We have seen a medical evaluation of Manny and decided it would be a fail if he was coming in from outside... therefore do not sign.

It feels like DC is an excellent man’s manager who is honest with his players. My guess is he has sat him down as soon as we were safe and said “Manny, I’m not offering you a deal. It’s nothing to do with you as a player or a person, it’s purely on medical grounds... however we can help let me know and we are happy to do so”

Manny’s agent has then put the feelers out and Chesterfield has said they will take a gamble to push on for promotion. And we have accommodated the move... with £10k thrown in because we are not a soft touch anymore. 

One thing that makes me think this is that Manny would get access to the same medical reports and he hasn’t backed himself to get a guaranteed league club... he knows how good he is when fit, so the injury must be a bit part of the decision.

10 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Well if Manny has gone we are in for a huge clear out. Wouldn’t surprise me if some of those contracted are put up for sale too. 

If the squad size limit is in place then it works for everyone to pay whitehead off 50% of his contract so he can go and get a deal elsewhere.

Archived