onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

Gutted if this is true. Loved him as a player, and the best centre mid in this league when fit. 'When fit' is the obvious caveat though, but his run of games had given me hope that DC had sorted the issue (which I thought was mostly psychological). Even more gutted that this will herald the return of Joyceball for the remaining games.

Sold to Chesterfield apparently

Advert

11 minutes ago, Santa said:

Isn’t there a transfer deadline still at that level ? In the old days it was always something like the 3rd Thursday in March.

6.2.1 of the National League Rules

"After 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March each Playing Season new registrations, new loans, and transfer of registrations will be declined or will be approved subject to such limitations and restrictions as the Board may determine and, if so determined, the Player shall only be eligible to play in the matches for which permission is granted by the Board."

Possibly dispensation given due to the stoppage?

I love Manny dearly, and think he's our best player technically; the only one who could glide past players and split a defence with a pass. Our record with him starting is excellent. 

However:

Flitcroft has made it very clear that availability is crucial. Manny hasn't been. He is, at times, erratic (see Saturday). He takes some games to get going, and previously that has been broken up by injuries.

I hope his hamstring issues are behind him and, if he has gone, wish him the best. Seems like a decent bloke and if things had been different would be playing at a higher level right now.

Just now, Rockape99 said:

Why would anyone buy him when he could go for free in June 

I could only think, as they've got 10+ games left, its a desperate attempt to get into the playoffs (currently 6th).

It does seem very strange. 

If it's true he's gone obviously wish Manny nothing but the best, very good player and person also. I can however understand what would be DC and Flitcrofts thinking here though especially now the season for us is over maybe they've just crunched the numbers and thought the best they could do would be the kind of deal Manny wouldn't take (pay as you play as an example) so just accept the money now?

Would mean we can also give Taylor / Burgess some minutes on the pitch as we know they will be here next season.

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I could only think, as they've got 10+ games left, its a desperate attempt to get into the playoffs (currently 6th).

It does seem very strange. 

In previous seasons 6th is the play offs. Top team automatically promoted, 2nd & 3rd automatically into semis and meet the two winners of games between 4th,5th,6th & 7th

Archived