Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

What a strange season and what a strange team. The starting 11 for the last two games should be no where near 18th in this league. Manny and Monty transform us. 

Crawley were pushing for a play off place and we dominated them. This really could and should have been a promotion season. However, we are 18th!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so.  I also note that whenever something doesn’t come off for him the back lash on here is pretty intense.  When other players make errors that doesn’t happen.  If Robinson had cleared that co

Disagree. We are a far better team with Montano playing. This season has proved that. 

Good point, it’s got quite boring that as soon as something happens with Robinson someone posts about it looking for some validation or support in their view. No one else gets the same treatment when

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don’t like any agent.

What makes a football agent any different than a recruitment agent trying to find a job for, say, a truck driver or pot bank worker???

1 hour ago, vale@rocks said:

Nine points on we are looking like a side capable of winning and scoring goals. Great performance lads. Credit too to all the management team for turning things around. Onwards and upwards.

Well said. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

That’s us safe now. Let’s build ready for next season, top half finish will be nice, get some confidence back and momentum ready to push for promotion next season. 

Yes well Said. Come on the Vale . 

• Like 1

Advert:

Felt Monty struggled today on occasions and it was similar last week. Even though his bombing forward runs help, his positional sense is suspect.

I feel he plays better further up the pitch, but this is an area where we have a bit of competition.

His days are numbered unless his adaptability gets him through.

I like him as a person, but feel we need a left back in the summer. His injury record, could put more pressure on him.

8 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Felt Monty struggled today on occasions and it was similar last week. Even though his bombing forward runs help, his positional sense is suspect.

I feel he plays better further up the pitch, but this is an area where we have a bit of competition.

His days are numbered unless his adaptability gets him through.

I like him as a person, but feel we need a left back in the summer. His injury record, could put more pressure on him.

No chance. One of the first names on the team sheet WHEN fit. Has that X Factor an we look completely different with him in. You can pay £50m+ for a fullback and not have the complete article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

Monty has flaws but brings a net positive to the side.

You accept the risks by starting him. I prefer us with him in the side and wouldn't mind seeing him here next season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The turn around is as plain as the nose on your face. Left out Mills Crookes and Taylor. Agents have done us a great disservice.

That’s a bit of a daft statement.  Agents represent players not the club.  They can impact a club by unsettling players who are at the club but they can’t force the club to sign players.  That decision, and the accountability, sits with the club and its employees.

the club had been tracking Taylor since last year, how the hell is that the agents fault.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The best part of this recent run of form is how much it will ha p****d off our former owner!

And Ryan big <ovf censored> Burge! 😂

Strange little creature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, dantheman said:

And Ryan big <ovf censored> Burge! 😂

Strange little creature.

He's still being a tool 

Did a video last week when we won at Colchester, it was the open top bus for the Autoglass win and he did a new version

For a Vale ' legend ' the bloke is tapped 

13 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

That’s a bit of a daft statement.  Agents represent players not the club.  They can impact a club by unsettling players who are at the club but they can’t force the club to sign players.  That decision, and the accountability, sits with the club and its employees.

the club had been tracking Taylor since last year, how the hell is that the agents fault.

I think Pops knows what he's on about. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He's still being a tool 

Did a video last week when we won at Colchester, it was the open top bus for the Autoglass win and he did a new version

For a Vale ' legend ' the bloke is tapped 

He's really unwell. 

• Like 1