onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, 1 said:

That’s the only reason I would keep him in for now. Maybe to the untrained eye he is doing stuff that the rest can benefit from, but I don’t see it.

The two Crawley CB's couldn't handle him. He pulled out wide to take up some really great positions but the ball didn't come in quick enough to take advantage.His positional play was very good today and was always on the move to run off the shoulder of the defender. Each time the ball was played forward they didn't know how to deal with him. He backs in but tries to turn the defender as well. Neither CB knew what to do with him. He was very unlucky not get to more free kick decisions today. I thought the ref game most 50/50 to them. Theo has done that since he was restored to the side is working harder and looks fitter than the 2 months of the season.He was very unlucky not to score 2 today and just needs 1 goal before I think he will go on a scoring run. 

Its no coincidence we have looked a lot more threatening since he replaced Guthrie and I would expect Robinson stays for next season.

Advert

50 minutes ago, MBE said:

The two Crawley CB's couldn't handle him. He pulled out wide to take up some really great positions but the ball didn't come in quick enough to take advantage.His positional play was very good today and was always on the move to run off the shoulder of the defender. Each time the ball was played forward they didn't know how to deal with him. He backs in but tries to turn the defender as well. Neither CB knew what to do with him. He was very unlucky not get to more free kick decisions today. I thought the ref game most 50/50 to them. Theo has done that since he was restored to the side is working harder and looks fitter than the 2 months of the season.He was very unlucky not to score 2 today and just needs 1 goal before I think he will go on a scoring run. 

Its no coincidence we have looked a lot more threatening since he replaced Guthrie and I would expect Robinson stays for next season.

100% get your point   and you might be right. For me, Pope and Rodney stay and we get two players from Cullen  Guthrie and Robinson's wages. That's about 5k per week.

Just looking at the replays for the umpteenth time so good to see us with so much energy two or three players surrounding the opposition when they have the ball, never giving them a second on the ball.                    
The last goal just like the one we conceded to Alfie May at Cheltenham . Wozza full of running taking a chance on there hesitation. Just like Scotty the goalie should have put the ball over the stand along with the defender. The other strikes first class ! So chuffed with the energy and effort put in !  wonder where this has been previously. Maybe down to missing our best players or the leadership. Anyway things looking a lot brighter now I just hope these kind of performances and efforts will continue throughout next season, and not till the next contracts are due.

It's taken time to get the squad in the shape Clarke wanted but my god aren't we looking a different set of players now. Even after the set back of conceding on half time we came out no heads had dropped we kept going and got our rewards. We need to get conlon on a new contract ASAP he's looking so sharp and has got goals in him.

Thought it was a very good all round performance. Never gave them a minute.

I've been very harsh on Theo, but I think with every game he seems to be getting fitter and yesterday was probably his best game for us since rejoining. Couple of good runs and was unlucky with the header that hit the bar.

7 minutes ago, Walter said:

Thought it was a very good all round performance. Never gave them a minute.

I've been very harsh on Theo, but I think with every game he seems to be getting fitter and yesterday was probably his best game for us since rejoining. Couple of good runs and was unlucky with the header that hit the bar.

As for most players match fitness takes a while,  but once achieved, another player can be given longer match spells. The problem is if the start of a season is missed or a long injury it takes a long while.

Brown 7 off his line yesterday apart from there goal had nowt do because of superb team ethic in front .

Smith 8 what a goal was very impressed with all his work yesterday a superb performance young man .

Montano 7 I like him his coming back in the team makes a difference a player who does the sublime and sometimes the ridiculous but a pleasure watch when travelling with the ball 

Legge 8 apart from there goal which was a fine finish in fairness where maybe he could have done better ,he won everything big part in Conlons goal ,I thought he was immense. 

Brisley 7 a fifthteen spell in first half where he was struggling at times but come through it with character and played his part excellently again .

Worrall 8 some fantastic work yet again great see him get the third goal his combination play was very good. 

Joyce 8 grew into the game putting challenges in all over the pitch every minute as game wore on his application  was getting more and more so in a good way .

Oyeleke 8 played a big part in second goal and put some lovely through balls in I enjoyed his application in a team ethic way aswell .

Conlon 9 scored a beauty ,everytime he got the ball it looked like he was going do something constructive with it really enjoyed all his display .

Rodney 7 worked hard not as effective as he can be but his strong work rate along with Robinson creates space for others score. 

Robinson 8 I thought he had a really good game pushed Crawley back deserved 2 goals I thought I mean the one where Oyeleke puts him in first half a confident goal scoring player buries that unfortunately he didnt however he got in there and that's what we want, second one was fine header which crashed against the bar .

The extra fitness work is improving the team no end that was very good performance well done the Vale and thanks Carol for your vision so glad you getting the karma your kindness deserves 

UTV 

Archived