onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Good away performance that. Restricted them to nothing and looked very dangerous in attack with Theo and Rodney a real handful together. Non stop running from Conlon and a bit of class whenever Manny gets on the ball.

I think its noticeable how the midfield defend so much better with balls on the edge of the box and looks generally like we have much more desire to close the ball down and block shots.

Should be enough now to be safe.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Is that consecutive 90 minutes for Manny Oyeleke?

Dazzler with another miracle. First Crookes and Mills, now this. Theo will score next. 

Great post till the Theo scoring bit 🤪🤪  then we knew you'd been sniffing the tipex again.

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Amazing that. 

A few weeks ago I was having far too many sleepless nights worrying about our inevitable drop into non-league oblivion.

Credit to Daryl Clarke and staff and these players finally showing their worth.

Ditto for me also. We look so organised and energetic getting all over the pitch. DC looks an inspirational appointment UTV

17 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Looking a good side all of a sudden.

Absolutely bossed that one.

The whole thing just looks a lot more proper.

Not really sure it is all of a sudden, we looked a good side until injury time in the Tranmere home game.

Then confidence/form whatever dropped off a cliff, plus obviously we were missing key men. Plus the drier pitches are more suited to us, which saw last year. We’ve gone from looking like never scoring again and doomsday, to stringing together a few wins on the bounce and a comfortable finish. 

Some great performances all round, really hard to fault anyone although we are crying out for a number 9 who can actually score. 

That was a excellent display enjoyed it 10 pounds well spent .

Shame Robinson didnt have 2 to his name today hitting the bar with a fine header and maybe should have scored when Oyeleke put him through .

So nice to see run of the ball with third goal ,Smith's goals tremendous goal what a fine finish I thought we deserved to win Conlon was excellent throughout and great see Oyeleke getting stronger each game I'm chuffed .

Darrell Clarkes Take a bow and Carol Shanahan take a bow too tremendous who you have brought to the club what a excellent last 3 games thanks very much our fantastic backroom staff 

UTV 

I agree. If I'm missing something, I'd be happy for someone to point out exactly what he brings to the team. He doesn't even jump for headers, he loses it whenever given the ball through, he hits powder puff shots when he gets the chance, he doesn't hold it up - what exactly is his role or strength? Cullen's a better finisher, Guthrie is better as a hold up man or to flick it on, Taylor would do better at creativity. In my mind any of them on for Robinson would improve us. What does Clarke see that I don't?
I think often players offer more than what you see in the small rectangle of the pitch you see on a camera that is zoomed in more than it needs to be. There is also lore to the game than you often see when you are there watching.

I haven't seen much in Theo to make me think he is worthy of a place in the 1st 11 but it is difficult when watching on ifollow to make a fair judgement.

A couple of things that he does that I have seen are:
He often hits the target albeit without much power or conviction.
He gambles on the defender making a mistake (often rather than challenging the defender for a header etc he will gamble that they are going to make a mistake. Whilst this wouldn't be my choice it puts pressure on the defender to get their header/clearance right and pushes their line deeper)

In a team that are creating more and on the front foot a bit more than we have been for most of the season he may do well.

Clarke has played him above our other strikers, McGreal was happy to an him in a more successful squad last season and managers have generally had him in their squads (maybe not as a first choice) in higher leagues throughout his career.

I haven't seen much myself but the lad obviously has something or he wouldn't still be in the football league. Having said that I though he played alright today and probably had a better game than Rodney.

Our formation was also interesting today playing Rodney central but having him push out to the right and ganging up with Worral on their LB, whilst at the same time creating space for Robinson to run into from the left. It didn't help Worall or Monty but worked for the team. The win never really felt on doubt.

Kudos to Clarke.

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

The turn around is as plain as the nose on your face. Left out Mills Crookes and Taylor. Agents have done us a great disservice.

With 3 wins in 3, the first time since last October, it’s difficult to see how those 3 could come back into the team, though Mills and Crooks were much improved under Clarke.

Archived