onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Onwards and Upwards, off to a Crawley with 4 wins and  then a draw against Walsall in their last 5 home games. Then a loss at Barrow, a further long trip to Carlisle on Tuesday, and the pressure of keeping in touch with the POs ,  will they be nervous and unable to keep us from scoring? Whereas after our winning long trip to Colchester we have a week to recover, tune, and plan for the game. Hopefully no injuries, maybe the odd tactical change. Happy with a point, delighted with three. 

Advert

Been quite a happy hunting ground in recent years. 

My only visit there was the opening day 3-1 when Dan Turner scored. 

I'll be happy with a point here but absolutely no reason we can't win the game now we have this new found confidence.

1-1 

Win here and we probably can relax for another summer. Need to big run for the bottom two to get 45 points.

Winnable, they seem a bit hit and miss had a long unbeaten spell to get into the good position but have dropped off again.

Shame Mark Wright hasn’t played again as him trying to keep Wozza or Dave quiet would be fun!

Cant be a ground we’ve had such a great record at can there? 6 visits, 4 wins, 1 draw and a loss (which we twice were leading in and then had a man sent off). We also won 5-0 in a Friendly to open the stadium.

FGR we have lost 1 in 5 but won twice.

A week to rest up after a hectic spell so should be the fresher side, boosted by the likely return of the holy one... maybe coming on hungry with Worrall ready to serve up the feed?

Got to be honest with the rest we have had, our turn around I somewhat fancy us here although a draw wouldn’t be the end of the world just to keep the points board ticking over. Out the realm of must wins now you’d think just keep it turning over.

2-1 Vale Rodney and Pope late on as a sub to net the winner.

A whole week before the next game that can only be good .

Keep the momentum going ,no reason why we can not win there aswell .

Hopefully Montano is ok ,Crookes has improved but still I'd prefer Monty any day .

Oyeleke lets hope he shines both halfs and Conlon since moving back into his forward role has scored one and set one up in two games since ,just think we have to be careful after half time in games as that is the only thing I can find to fault over the series of both games .

I'm not one of these who thinks 1 win will keep us up never take anything for granted as both the bottom two could reel off 6 wins in a row and then because we stopped doing what we have done last 2 games we could end in still in trouble ,keep winning and see where you end up is what I want see ,high standards need to be maintained. 

UTV 

Utterly defeatist to talk of what other teams are doing or only needing one more win to be safe.

I don't want to see us limp to the end of the season. I want to see us continue improving, get the best out of the players and give the fans something worth watching.

And, of course, breed hope and expectation for next season and beyond.

Unless Clarke is all words and no action most of the squad are still playing for their Vale careers.

7 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

A Walsall win is surely better for us?

Definitely want Walsall to win tomorrow, all that matters is we are in this league next season.  With the bottom 2 currently a bit adrift at the moment, lets hope it stays that way.  We can worry about finishing above Walsall later on.  A win for Southend could give them that confidence and you never know they might do what Barrow have just done and win 4 on the bounce.  I know lots on here think teams at the bottom won't suddenly start winning games together but it can happen as Barrow have just shown.

Archived