onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paddy Madden

Jacko51

Advert

In most cases like that moneybags owners eventually become bored/withdraw their funds/sadly pass on and then the walls come tumbling down. But it's great for fans while it happens.

More crucial than signing a "big" name player would be to invest/build an academy/training ground along the same lines as Crewe. It was the best investment they have made and unlike an odd individual player remains in place for years ahead, benefitting the Club long after the owner has gone.

7 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Exactamundo, said Bart !

Precisely why we don't even bother trying to sign people like him.  Would we like him, ability wise? Of course. Would/should we pay out this sort of money for a player of his ability? Definitely not. 

I totally see your point. 

But I've already posted on another thread, sometimes rather than 5 mediocre players on a grand a week I'd prefer 2 quality players on 2.5 grand a week.

Madden is possibly going to get them up as did Rooney for Salford. You pay the money you take your chances .

I'm not advocating paying beyond your means like Bury but he's obviously a wealthy owner and I'd like to see them back in the League as they are a proper club . 

The transfer fee is extortionate but I daresay the wages of Cullen, Robinson, and Guthrie would get near £3.5k a week. Maybe lob in Whitehead on top to reach the figure. 

I'd trade all of them in a heartbeat for a goalscorer of Madden's calibre. 

Seems a lot but if you can afford it and you think he's the difference between staying down and going up then, yes, you pay it.

Would you pay that to James Vaughan or someone of that ilk? I'd really hope we would.

Instead, we're blowing around 7k a week on Guthrie, cullen and Robinson.

I reckon it makes more sense, in every way, to have one of those instead of three and pay the same overall outgoings.

We need to stop thinking "oooooo that's a lot for one player" but then pay it out anyway to more lads of far less ability.

Guest Vale at home
11 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Remember Vale saying that in previous seasons we ended up with too much quantity and not enough quality. Isnt that exactly the same mistake we made this season. The 20 player restriction might do us a favour and give us what we have been preaching.

Well said.I do agree . Come on the vale .3 points today please . 

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

One or two folk on here mentioned that Stockport had signed Paddy Madden and would have liked us to get him. Details on the deal in this morning’s Mail. 

2030E396-5AD4-4AA7-9A9D-5DDF83812598.jpeg

Thank you .for putting the news on . Come on the vale .3 points today please. 

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

And the £250,000 transfer fee?

Well it Dosent have to be madden specifically.  Just a player of his quality rather than signing 3 players not good enough sign 1 quality one. Stockport could be a real force! Mental to see a non league side buy a league 1 player for that kind of money 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Well it Dosent have to be madden. Just a player of his quality rather than signing 3 players not good enough sign 1 quality one. Stockport could be a real force!

And when he get's injured for 6 months? All you eggs in one basket...

We need a number of players who are each a significant improvement on what we already have, or can be quickly developed into such, not just one "superstar".

Archived