Sheldon Report on child abuse in football

Bowler said: “As the only person left with an association to that era, I truly believe it was important for me to see it through to conclusion. I am satisfied with the findings of the review that found that the club did not have any knowledge of Barry Bennell’s heinous crimes.”

Erm...that’s not what the report said is it?

• Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be tough being a Crewe fan, but ‘us fans’ were not in a position to do anything about the abuse that was going on. I personally think that people must have had concerns about Bennell but didn’

I'm not one of those "in the know" I don't know anyone who is, I don't have the ear of anyone at any football club. I'm just an ordinary fan who loves football and supports Port Vale I do know that e

I would hope everyone on here would be sensible with a very serious topic and not use this to "point score" just because it mentions both Stoke City and Crewe. People become fans of clubs for man

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Phil1965 said:

As a Crewe fan I’m struggling to defend the club on this issue, and some of the fans are in denial. 

Forget Cambridge Analytica and the US election, the real story here is that Russian GRU disinformation warfare units are running a campaign on social media to discredit Dario. Apparently.

e16p3uj.png

Some of the comments in that group are utterly insane. One was waxing lyrical earlier about why wouldn't the kids report Bennell. i.e. blaming the victims. There is an awful lot of self-victimisation going on, poor old Crewe and poor old Dario being singled out, and constant personal attacks on Journalists because they don't like the truth. If it was Bolton or Rangers or Blyth Spartans fans doing this my reaction would the same, it's not because it's Crewe, it's the dismissive, deflectory, victim blaming behaviour full stop that is plssing me off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Erm...that’s not what the report said is it?

No.

image.thumb.png.970030f825d8f7728ff117a44f82c3f7.png

That is an incredibly carefully written paragraph. Bowler says the meeting didn't happen, Sheldon considers it 'likely' did, i.e. he doesn't believe him.

That is the paragraph that could well underpin civil litigation in the future because Sheldon is saying that Crewe were negligent. His words and insinuations, not mine. That is the reason Bowler just resigned. 

With empathy to Phil1965, Crewe failed, Sheldon reckons people knew, he spells that out in literally the first two line of that paragraph, and quite frankly therefore I don't think anyone could bat an eye at the victims pursuing significant compensation for Crewe not doing what they should have done. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Doha said:

Forget Cambridge Analytica and the US election, the real story here is that Russian GRU disinformation warfare units are running a campaign on social media to discredit Dario. Apparently.

e16p3uj.png

Some of the comments in that group are utterly insane. One was waxing lyrical earlier about why wouldn't the kids report Bennell. i.e. blaming the victims. There is an awful lot of self-victimisation going on, poor old Crewe and poor old Dario being singled out, and constant personal attacks on Journalists because they don't like the truth. If it was Bolton or Rangers or Blyth Spartans fans doing this my reaction would the same, it's not because it's Crewe, it's the dismissive, deflectory, victim blaming behaviour full stop that is plssing me off.  

This is Man City’s comprehensive statement.  Bit different in tone to Crewe https://www.mancity.com/news/club/statement-from-manchester-city-fc-board-of-directors-63751576

Edited by JohnJames
  • Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Directly attacking the victims now. I'd be memorising faces if this was Vale so I could avoid them. Unreal. 

otGSgpp.png

Edited by Doha

Some of the Crewe fans talk about Woodward’s sacking from the police force like it’s some sort of Gotcha. That’s pretty sick. The abuse he went through as a child at CAFC would have been a huge contributory factor to his problems in later life  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Directly attacking the victims now. I'd be memorising faces if this was Vale so I could avoid them. Unreal. 

otGSgpp.png

Proper weirdos

Advert:

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Some of the Crewe fans talk about Woodward’s sacking from the police force like it’s some sort of Gotcha. That’s pretty sick. The abuse he went through as a child at CAFC would have been a huge contributory factor to his problems in later life  

Exactly.

If anyone looks into it, he was disciplined for having a relationship with a victim's sister and then dismissed for his behaviour at a trial.

Even after ignoring the painfully obvious fact that it absolutely dissolves in insignificance when compared to what he went through, how anyone can expect him to have grown up with no issues is ignorance beyond belief.

2 hours ago, Doha said:

otGSgpp.png

Quite simply sickening.

Some of that is outrageous.

I can’t defend the attitude of some of our fans, they are missing the bigger picture that our club failed to protect vulnerable children. But some do understand that the club failed big time. But others just seem to want to hide their heads in the sand. They need to understand the enormity of what happened in the late 80s at the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Wait til crowds are allowed back.The will give Crewe and their sick fans the welcome they all deserve.

I'm sure you're not condoning violence towards Crewe fans.  I'd have to remove your post of course if I thought you were 😉

33 minutes ago, Caz or caz123 said:

I'm sure you're not condoning violence towards Crewe fans.  I'd have to remove your post of course if I thought you were 😉

Never would that happen, but the banter would be amazing ,throughout the football league.Violence is not the answer,thankfully 🤔

I'd prefer it if not one single opposition fan went to Gresty Road ever again. When we play them next, I'd certainly hope that we could all at least agree to not spend anything at their ground. If they'd come out with a statement like City have, and their most vocal fans weren't behaving like filth, I'd have wished them luck on repairing their reputation. As it is, I'd be thrilled to see them go out of business. Absolute <ovf censored> scumbags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1