onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheldon Report on child abuse in football

Jacko51

Advert

13 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

So all the national media are reporting Gradi is banned for life ,but the football authorities will not release the reason!!Shocking, so much for transparency and due diligence they all keep harping on about.Christ ,this is safeguarding children !!!

13 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

So all the national media are reporting Gradi is banned for life ,but the football authorities will not release the reason!!Shocking, so much for transparency and due diligence they all keep harping on about.Christ ,this is safeguarding children !!!

Unfortunately Dave,unless an abused victim points towards  him nothing can be done.Personally ,I think he’s as guilty as any of the beasts along with people who have tried to hide /cover up by not outing the perverts.Two clubs that have been involved have a common denominator .Chelsea and Crewe are the clubs.

Pete Morse, defending someone who doesn't see anything wrong with putting your hand down a child's trousers.

https://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/incoming/i-declined-evil-bennells-invitation-12246978

Dario is an educator. Had I made it in football ... it would have been all down to him and the club he built.

It’s frustrating that I feel compelled, like Danny Murphy and Robbie Savage, to make it clear Dario was nothing but generous, kind, honest and proper. To me, it has never been in any question.

Later, when Bennell was arrested in 1994 and later sent to jail, it became clear that, for some desperately unfortunate people, the cutting jibes – completely unwittingly, in my view – were hitting the nail on the head.

To me, had anyone actually had a genuine suspicion of wrongdoing, there would have been no teasing. Football dressing rooms can be cruel and unforgiving but there is a line, and that would comfortably cross it.

Sadly, we live in a world where kindness and generosity is too often viewed with suspicion and doubt

<ovf censored> Pete Morse.

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

To be honest mate I think that statement from the FAs head of legal says it all to the extent that I’m surprised they were so blunt, it’s bordering on accusatory. That statement about his ban will be his legacy. 

38 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Pete Morse, defending

There’s a surprise. 

You should see the Crewe fans commenting on twitter, it’s depressing. 

@Phil1965 is honestly the only one I’ve seen react like a normal person.

The rest who have commented on the situation are embarrassing themselves with every paranoid, ultra defensive, Gradi shielding word. Not really a surprise given the attacks some of them made on Andy Woodward after his misconduct resignation from the Police, some were gleefully using that as some kind of smoking gun that the Bennell stuff was all made up. 

And they wonder why people look at Crewe and think of The Wicker Man. 

Morse and McGarry are a disgrace. Crewe Alexandra is a disgrace. Only club implicated not to apologise. Worse still, the only club who has fans shameless enough to say the things they have in blind devotion to Gradi. Weird, weird little town that needs levelling by HS2. 

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

There’s a surprise. 

You should see the Crewe fans commenting on twitter, it’s depressing. 

@Phil1965 is honestly the only one I’ve seen react like a normal person.

The rest who have commented on the situation are embarrassing themselves with every paranoid, ultra defensive, Gradi shielding word. Not really a surprise given the attacks some of them made on Andy Woodward after his misconduct resignation from the Police, some were gleefully using that as some kind of smoking gun that the Bennell stuff was all made up. 

And they wonder why people look at Crewe and think of The Wicker Man. 

Morse and McGarry are a disgrace. Crewe Alexandra is a disgrace. Only club implicated not to apologise. Worse still, the only club who has fans shameless enough to say the things they have in blind devotion to Gradi. Weird, weird little town that needs levelling by HS2. 

The club, and people you mentioned are a disgrace, but i live in Crewe and i know plenty of Crewe fans that are ashamed of the goings on at their club. There are other Vale fans that live and work here too. The way you talk about the town, the water supply and internet etc is totally childish and completely detracts from your argument, something Rob F was referring to at the start of this thread.

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

The club, and people you mentioned are a disgrace, but i live in Crewe and i know plenty of Crewe fans that are ashamed of the goings on at their club. There are other Vale fans that live and work here too. The way you talk about the town, the water supply and internet etc is totally childish and completely detracts from your argument, something Rob F was referring to at the start of this thread.

It is not hyperbole to say that every single comment I’ve read is blind denialism. I will find and post 50 of them if you like. Phil is honestly the only commentator I’ve seen not following the party line. I don’t particularly care that you live there to be honest mate, the image presented to the world outside of Crewe by the public falling into rank by so many supporters and the local media is not a good one. It’s quite aggravating actually. 

37 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Understand what you are saying. But sure Doha said it as a joke. I worked in Crewe for nearly 40 years, and I can assure you the things that that the Crewies said about us Clayheads were worse.

The thing is an apology and a bit of humility from the Crewe board would go a long way to closing this.

I personally find it staggering that Crewe football club have not posted any sort of statement. However, I am not surprised. They must be terrified of admitting anything and opening the legal floodgates. That's no excuse by the way, morally it stinks.

At least Stoke City had the decency to make a statement.

However, I am genuinely stunned by the local media. It's rank bad journalism bordering on being complicit on trying to sweep it under the carpet. There's simply no excuse. 

The very least they could have done is acknowledge the report has been published. That's the very least but arguably they should be doing so much more. The local media should be leading this, should be right at the front asking the questions and demanding answers. To simply pretend it hasn't happened is disgraceful.

This is something that ruined the lives of several affected, that highlights serious failing and with recommendations that can go a long way to safeguard future generations. What confidence can we have that this may not happen again if the local media simply choose to avoid an inconvenient truth? 

5 minutes ago, robf said:

However, I am genuinely stunned by the local media.

My comment that Morse and McGarry are a disgrace is to do with the selective commenting, to be honest.

The three major points from yesterday relative to Crewe, and thus under the remit of those two to report, are 

1) Sheldon criticises Gradi/Crewe for failing to intervene after hearing rumours

2) Sheldon criticises Gradi for the Heath 'smoothing over' event and not taking it further

3) The FAs head of legal made an incredible public statement, reported in the Guardian, posted below

My issue with Morse and McGarry is as follows - 

Lads, you can't not report those three points. You simply can't. If you have done and I've missed it I apologise, but failing to report all of the QCs findings in an impartial manner is really, really bad. 

Radio Stoke are reporting on it. Lead item on the news, question to listeners   _  should Gradi be stripped of MBE?  etc.   I personally think he has got off lightly with this report,   it doesn't seem to link his involvement at Chelsea AND Crewe.  Says he wasn't aware of it but had heard rumours. Yeah,  right.  After Chelsea,  if he was innocent,  he would have jumped all over it at crewe immediately. 

Archived