onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sheldon Report on child abuse in football

Jacko51

Problem is that Bennell's claims are uncorroborated claims from a 2003 case and he has refused to assist with this enquiry. No action is going to be taken, and you do have to question the legitimacy of claims by such an evil man.

However, Gradi was also criticised in the Eddie Heath enquiry at Chelsea. There's certainly some questionable findings from this report (with this absolutely horrendous comment) even if it cannot be proven he or Crewe ever knew anything:

1203041375_Screenshot2021-03-17at16_30_00.thumb.png.2210621686fc2dc6bd402ad98d0429f9.png

Advert

20 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Exactly right Dario Gradi and the board at Crewe knew what was going on, and it did not stop at Bennell. The reaction of Crewe Alex and their supporters is shameful. No remorse no apology, absolutely disgusting 

So where I have a problem is lumping all supporters together. For instance we already have one Crewe fan on here who's obviously troubled by it. 

I would certainly agree that some fans (I don't know what proportion and I don't anyone can) are trying to sweep it under the carpet and that is clearly disgusting. But as is clear on here with all the multitude of views of Vale fans on everything - manager, players, politics - it's not as simple as just labelling it as "their supporters". They are not one entity with one single view. Some are clearly troubled.

However, on the flip side, there are some entities which have been shameful in avoiding the issue. That's the local media. The Crewe Chronicle the LOCAL PAPER for Pete's sake isn't even covering the story on their website. Have Radio Stoke mentioned it? The local media have been absolutely terrible on wishing an awful story to just go away. 

With regards to Radio Stoke

I'll have to watch how I word this .

But given that a certain Mr Mcgarry has been the Crewe correspondent since Noah was a lad he must of heard whispers or rumours .

Basically everything at that club has been swept under one giant carpet 

15 minutes ago, robf said:

@Doha since when has Twitter been a barometer for the majority rational viewpoint? :classic_wacko:

They only have about three forum posts a month so it's the best you're going to get, internet penetration in Crewe only marginally leads widespread access to clean drinking water in the town. 

4 minutes ago, robf said:

@Doha since when has Twitter been a barometer for the majority rational viewpoint? :classic_wacko:

Unfortunately their ultra defensive paranoid witch hunt mindset has pervaded their boardroom. For some reason they think the rest of football is out to get them.

I hope it was ok to come on here and say I am horrified by what happened at my club in the late 80s and early 90s. The man was a monster and the club should do all they can to make amends. Thankfully these days child safeguards are much stronger. I’m a coach myself and there are strict rules about behaviour with young players.

1 minute ago, Phil1965 said:

I hope it was ok to come on here and say I am horrified by what happened at my club in the late 80s and early 90s. The man was a monster and the club should do all they can to make amends. Thankfully these days child safeguards are much stronger. I’m a coach myself and there are strict rules about behaviour with young players.

You're quite welcome to come on here and express your views, Phil.  You are obviously not the only Crewe fan who is disgusted by the behaviour of certain people at your club.  What I would like to know is who is protecting Gradi in all of this? 

12 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

I can totally understand why Crewe have said/done little throughout the scandal on the firm advice of their legal counsel. I genuinely do understand that. I think though that it's been taken to a bit of an extreme and the ultra defensive behaviour of some fans, the silence of the local media, combined with events like that AGM/EGM or whatever it was a few years ago were that journalist was almost hounded out and questions refused, to the run of the mill outsider makes Crewe's handling of all this look absolutely terrible and remorseless. 

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

I can totally understand why Crewe have said/done little throughout the scandal on the firm advice of their legal counsel. I genuinely do understand that. I think though that it's been taken to a bit of an extreme and the ultra defensive behaviour of some fans, the silence of the local media, combined with events like that AGM/EGM or whatever it was a few years ago were that journalist was almost hounded out and questions refused, to the run of the mill outsider makes Crewe's handling of all this look absolutely terrible and remorseless. 

Was this the AGM where someone wanted to bring up the topic of the child abuse and got roundly boo-ed and chastised for doing so?

If this was Vale, I'd want full justice served to the offenders, not sweeping it under the carpet and hoping it goes away.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Was this the AGM where someone wanted to bring up the topic of the child abuse and got roundly boo-ed and chastised for doing so?

If this was Vale, I'd want full justice served to the offenders, not sweeping it under the carpet and hoping it goes away.

Summat along those lines. I think it might have been that Daniel Taylor journo himself? Very much a closed shop on the face of it. 

52 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

I read the alexmad forum, I think I'm the only one that does and a poster called Terry Harkin tried to bring this topic up and got hammered down by quite a few Crewe fans they just totally hide away from it.

Archived