Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, WV said:

I remember the York away game as it was a birthday outing.  I dont think we had won in 6 or something going into that one. 

I cant see anything but an away win today and 7/5 is printing money. (Don't quote me on that later!) 

Not definite on this but got a feeling it was the game after Burgegate at Bristol Rovers ,it was a huge turning point 

Back onto today, I'll take a point but hopeful of a positive performance and the result will take care of itself then 

I don’t think it will be spectacular or easy. However a draw looks likely, going for 1-1. Colchester do seem, like us, to be a club caught in a downward spiral but if they break it, are capable of better. 

Can’t believe I’m saying it but slightly disappointing to lose Mills, he has been decent in recent weeks and not ideal playing Smudge out of position but in fairness to him he was excellent there last season against Colchester at home.

I feel the same which is testament to how much Mills has improved and a nice bit of link up play has developed

Can’t believe I’m saying it but slightly disappointing to lose Mills, he has been decent in recent weeks and not ideal playing Smudge out of position but in fairness to him he was excellent there last season against Colchester at home.
  • Like 2

I'm not disappointed at all about Smith moving to RB for the injured Mills. Away from home you would expect us to have more defending and Smithy will do a much better job trying to stop crosses coming in.

The biggest question mark is will the real Brisley will turn up today?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Powerline said:

St.Joseph’s College in Trent Vale

Did they get him playing rugby? I'm an ex Joe an all and you had no chance if you were a footballer, although some lads did play on Sunday. I remember talking to Kevin Kent at one of the Open Days Vale used to have and he said the same.

Edited by ClntonBoulton
Typo

3 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Did they get him playing rugby? I'm an ex Joe an all and you had no chance if you were a footballer, although some lads did play on Sunday. I remember talking to Kevin Kent at one of the Open Days Vale used to have and he said the same.

Don’t think he was in the team but yep, made us play rugby in PE and no football team either. Then the sentinel did an article with one of the PE teachers when he signed professional and they tried to take some credit, gave me a right laugh.

• Like 1