Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Nouble, Harriot and Jevani Brown are decent attackers for L2. I'd be more than happy if they were Vale's front three.
Why are Colchester struggling so badly?

I asked on a forum I go on and it basically boiled down to not replacing the loss of Theo Robinson. They loved him!
  • Like 1

I'm hopeful we can at least get a point tomorrow with the way the team have played generally after the past 4 games and if you look at Colchester's awful goal scoring record. Back to back win s would fantastic at this stage but we will need repeat performances from 11 men.

Very interesting comments from DC in his conference about McKirdy.

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

I'm hopeful we can at least get a point tomorrow with the way the team have played generally after the past 4 games and if you look at Colchester's awful goal scoring record. Back to back win s would fantastic at this stage but we will need repeat performances from 11 men.

Very interesting comments from DC in his conference about McKirdy.

What did he say about McKirdy?

Game brought a six pointer if ever there was one .

Not going be easy we have play very well get anything with our away form its hardly super .

Working tonight till 6 a.m then be up at 10 to 3 hopefully as usually I'm up at 12 on matchday but the win v Newport has relaxed me somewhat .

I'm going for a 1-1 draw Robinson for us .

UTV 

19 minutes ago, WV said:

What did he say about McKirdy?

"You speak to a lot of people in the game about Harry, and he doesn't have a great reputation..."

"Maverick"

"But you see on the training ground he has that match winning quality"

"He just has to tone things down so can lose that reputation he's got"

"I can understand why managers and coaches lose patience with him"

Sounds like an arrogant little <ovf censored> tbh.

There's a reason you were deregistered Harry. Don't become the next Ryan Burge.

Edited by Doha

26 minutes ago, Doha said:

"You speak to a lot of people in the game about Harry, and he doesn't have a great reputation..."

"Maverick"

"But you see on the training ground he has that match winning quality"

"He just has to tone things down so can lose that reputation he's got"

"I can understand why managers and coaches lose patience with him"

Sounds like an arrogant little <ovf censored> tbh.

There's a reason you were deregistered Harry. Don't become the next Ryan Burge.

I've known the lad for years and he has never come across as like that at all. I guess he is just a <ovf censored> at work then! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

I've known the lad for years and he has never come across as like that at all. I guess he is just a <ovf censored> at work then! 

I’ve also known him for years although not closely at all. Always thought he was a bell even before he even got into football.

Seems like mckirdy would of been used by clarke if he was available.

the lads no doubt got talent if you look at the goals he scored for Carlisle ive not seen a vale player be capable of them type of goals in a long time. Maybe clarke thinks he can get the best out of him. From that i think there could be a chance he gives him a 6 month contract for next year. 

i think could be a decent move as if it works out great if it doesnt we can look to replace him in January. People are quick to jump on mckridy and his attitude but look at the rest of the squad and what happened surely there attitude has to be questioned aswel. 

theres a player in there just needs the right man to get it out of him.