Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Well after this game the players have a whole week prepare for tough game v Crawley conquerors of Leeds so isuggest we do more of what we do on the last few tuesday night games than what we are seeing on the saturday game efforts .

Big game i want intensity and I want us be better than second half v Newport .

I'll be watching CAN WE BE .

Our players should be bang up for it but so will theres .

Same team for me who started v Newport with one change Swann for  Robinson and I want see more from Rodney apart from goal and a few nice hold ups in closing stages  v Newport didnt for me get involved enough .

Get involved and make a difference .

UTV 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Doha said:

Fair enough, could have sworn it was him. 

Madley didn't start reffing in England again until the beginning of this season.  He'd been reffing in Scandinavia in the last three years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

Joint top scorer/most assists Harriott is out and will miss several games. With Colchester sinking rapidly, good. 

Parking the bus at home then?

On 17/03/2021 at 12:39, Jacko51 said:

Indeed they do!  Since they scored in a 1-1 draw at Vale they have played 10 more away games and scored once - they have failed to score in their last 9.  They've also scored only 7 goals in their 8 home games since then.  That's a total of 8 goals in their last 18 games.

Were you a Maths teacher? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Well after this game the players have a whole week prepare for tough game v Crawley conquerors of Leeds so isuggest we do more of what we do on the last few tuesday night games than what we are seeing on the saturday game efforts .

Big game i want intensity and I want us be better than second half v Newport .

I'll be watching CAN WE BE .

Our players should be bang up for it but so will theres .

Same team for me who started v Newport with one change Swann for  Robinson and I want see more from Rodney apart from goal and a few nice hold ups in closing stages  v Newport didnt for me get involved enough .

Get involved and make a difference .

UTV 

Personally i would play Robinson who knows a little consistency and playing against his old club where he scored goals could reignite his appetite for goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I wonder if Crosby will be on the touchline for this one or will he go to Charlton to work with Adkins again

We’d want some compo.

I just hope that the standard we set on Tuesday can be maintained. One swallow does not make a summer! It’s really up to the players to finally show us what they can do consistently. The football on Tuesday was really good and exciting it would    Most certainly have got the fans on there feet. Let’s just hope there is more of the same and not a return to old ways.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

Not sure we'd get much for an assistant manager on a two month contract

Fair enough, didn’t realise he was only on a two month contract.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Doha said:

Joint top scorer/most assists Harriott is out and will miss several games. With Colchester sinking rapidly, good. 

where have you seen that?

I thought to myself before the Oldham game that we really needed 6 points minimum from the next 4 games so a win tomorrow would keep us well on track.
It's certainly no foregone conclusion and Colchester will be thinking like us, win this and we're all but safe.
A similar approach to Tuesdays game is vital and if we can go ahead in the game I'm sure we can win.
Same starting line up (injuries allowing) in my view.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Which is next weekend so doesn't matter to us!

Except you'll find it does, because they've already travelled abroad for it.