Jump to content

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Great win but the difference between first and second halves needs to be addressed. I know we’ve been winning at half time in both, but why not come out aggressive and push them back in the same way for the second period too? Crawley are there for the taking but that’s another tough game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Monty has seemed to developed a liking for pushing people in the chest after the ball has gone out of play. Only a matter of time before that’s seen in bad light. Handbags at ten paces in both of the last 2 games. Nice to see he’s up for it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

I thought it was Smith`s header too, great save and the real Scott Brown has returned after being missing for most of the season, he was much more positive yesterday, probably after a talking to from the gaffer. 

Rodney is why we are going to stay up as in nearly every game he either scores or provides a guilt edged chance to someone, the boy has class.  

Just been browsing YouTube searching Devante stuff.

Scored some crackers for Halifax too. Looking at fan reaction there, in particular one where he was substituted and walked past their end I reckon once crowds are back at Vale he's potentially a cult hero in the making 

 

https://youtu.be/7TE-y7A8aBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:
I thought he was the worst player and struggled with senior 6 still probably harsh though. Think everyone was at a 7, with Rodney, manny, legge and Conlon higher

I'd take senior next season in a heartbeat. Did more in 45 mins than amoo has done since November

He did look good yesterday however we have made that mistake before in signing players who look good in a one off game against us. Don’t think he’s featured much at all for Colchester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did look good yesterday however we have made that mistake before in signing players who look good in a one off game against us. Don’t think he’s featured much at all for Colchester
He's played 29 games this season, to be fair. He's only 23, has pace to burn, and was interesting Palace only a couple of years ago. Worth a shot in my opinion. Rather him than the 'proven league 2' dross we've generally signed over the last 4 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the big difference this last couple of games has been us getting monty, worral and manny on the pitch. If Gibbo and possibly Pope were fit then we could look even better.

I wouldn’t be going overboard on Senior based on yesterday’s game, yes he did a few good things but there’s a reason why he’s at league 2 level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result. I wasn't able to watch this. But aside from the team coming together as a unit I think the Newport game showed a significant improvement in fitness. The new manager and other backroom team have resolved what was a serious issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think the big difference this last couple of games has been us getting monty, worral and manny on the pitch. If Gibbo and possibly Pope were fit then we could look even better.

I wouldn’t be going overboard on Senior based on yesterday’s game, yes he did a few good things but there’s a reason why he’s at league 2 level.

He would need to be scouted properly, that is the clever bit picking players in L2 who are capable of higher things,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bycars rob said:

I thought it was Smith`s header too, great save and the real Scott Brown has returned after being missing for most of the season, he was much more positive yesterday, probably after a talking to from the gaffer. 

Rodney is why we are going to stay up as in nearly every game he either scores or provides a guilt edged chance to someone, the boy has class.  

In a dismal season Devante Rodney has exceeded expectations. He is my POY. Didn't watch yesterday but was confident of a result, that in itself is a sign we will survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

In a dismal season Devante Rodney has exceeded expectations. He is my POY. Didn't watch yesterday but was confident of a result, that in itself is a sign we will survive.

I can only imagine Rodney, worrall and conlon are in the running. For me, we miss worral most when he’s not in the side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to the Colchester photographer today. He reckons Senior has had a poor season and did more on the pitch yesterday than he’s done all term. Funny he asked me about Theo. saying what a fantastic player he was for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Spoke to the Colchester photographer today. He reckons Senior has had a poor season and did more on the pitch yesterday than he’s done all term. Funny he asked me about Theo. saying what a fantastic player he was for them.

Let’s do a swap then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Spoke to the Colchester photographer today. He reckons Senior has had a poor season and did more on the pitch yesterday than he’s done all term. Funny he asked me about Theo. saying what a fantastic player he was for them.

\Up to DC to enthuse him to perform for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Spoke to the Colchester photographer today. He reckons Senior has had a poor season and did more on the pitch yesterday than he’s done all term. Funny he asked me about Theo. saying what a fantastic player he was for them.

Senior played well against us a couple of years ago and we were a bit concerned when he came on.  We’ve made the mistake of signing players who do well against us before. Bob Delgado is the prime example!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2021 at 01:48, Jacko51 said:

Senior played well against us a couple of years ago and we were a bit concerned when he came on.  We’ve made the mistake of signing players who do well against us before. Bob Delgado is the prime example!

Delgado was consistently a very good player for Chester. Not sure if the problem isn't more signing players on previous seasons form .... when the secret is finding players who are going to do well in the next season. There are lots of players who've left Vale only to see careers nose dive. Vincent and JMW basically did nothing post Vale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...