Jump to content

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pity I missed that one. It’s fairly obvious that when we do well that certain people disappear from the forum and reappear when we lose. Quite sad really. 


I genuinely think when you look at the this and other forums ie Twitter etc , some people genuinely enjoy just being negative .

I have some sympathy, as I’d imagine they are just quite unhappy people in general. Having a system (or club) in this case to pull apart is probably a bit of relief from what ever issues they have

So I tend to not bite back if I can.

I love a reasonable debate , but some people want to see the world burn unfortunately..

However not today ! 3 points for the mighty vale . A good day in a poor yet maybe transformational season; if we are able to look ahead and not just the next 9 games.

Keep the faith , up the vale
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Been working through some results permutations in my head.

Here's the dilemma.

Smallsall going down while their pantomime Villain keeps Vale up would be incredibly funny. Cathartic for Clarke, funny for me, intensely smugly satisfying for a lot of older Vale fans.

But after 16 months enforced closure, I want to see a sell out for the first home game and (only because they're closest) Smallsall are likeliest to get closest to filling up the 4500 capacity away end which on its own is almost bigger than quite a few of the entire grounds in this tinpot farmers division. After that it'd be relying on Bolton to balls up the playoffs.

What to do, what to do.... 

I'm trying to work out the permutations that have us finishing above the mighty Harrogate.  How the hell has it come to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

I'm trying to work out the permutations that have us finishing above the mighty Harrogate.  How the hell has it come to this.

Fear not, Darrell Clarke's going to sign a load of mental fckers in the summer who'll kick fck out of the oppo wingers when the ref isn't looking as we shlthouse and timewaste our way to escaping this cabbage field league. It's going to be class. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Been working through some results permutations in my head.

Here's the dilemma.

Smallsall going down while their pantomime Villain keeps Vale up would be incredibly funny. Cathartic for Clarke, funny for me, intensely smugly satisfying for a lot of older Vale fans.

But after 16 months enforced closure, I want to see a sell out for the first home game and (only because they're closest) Smallsall are likeliest to get closest to filling up the 4500 capacity away end which on its own is almost bigger than quite a few of the entire grounds in this tinpot farmers division. After that it'd be relying on Bolton to balls up the playoffs.

What to do, what to do.... 

I was thinking the same so was falling back on the hope of DC masterminding the vale putting 4 past them infront of a sell out crowd as a consolation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think you're right in your assessment, I think we're now all but safe. Also like you, I too am pleased to see how Barrow has responded to their situation over the last few weeks, good luck to them. 

Have to be pleased for their fans, as it's rare for a team to knuckle down so well when near the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Just looked at the scoring of players for both teams on the U’s fans forum.

Every Vale player scored more, apart from Monty v their left back and their sub v Guthrie.

Thought Guthrie did a decent job of keeping it down their end and killing time when he came on, personally.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Thought Guthrie did a decent job of keeping it down their end and killing time when he came on, personally.

He did - he won us two free kicks well in their half that took the pressure off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at the scoring of players for both teams on the U’s fans forum.
Every Vale player scored more, apart from Monty v their left back and their sub v Guthrie.

I thought Monty struggled as the game wore on (went off injured didn’t he too which is a worry).

The issue he had though was he was booked so for example when Senior burst through he went to go in for the tackle but had to back out which led to their header which Brown saved.

I think though the week breaks come at the right time and we can get players that have just come back some rest and work on a few things ahead of Crawley.

Pleased that we did some shithousing as we are never streetwise enough usually and end up having teams do it to us. Yeah it’s not great to see but if everyone else does it your at a disadvantage.

Good to see Rodders looking like he’s grown in confidence since his goal midweek.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 1 said:

Monty given 6 by the sentinel is harsh. They’re saying he was the worst player essentially. He was a great attacking threat and they had nothing down that side but for once he was blazed by when Senior went through. 

I thought he was the worst player and struggled with senior 6 still probably harsh though. Think everyone was at a 7, with Rodney, manny, legge and Conlon higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, valefan16 said:


I thought Monty struggled as the game wore on (went off injured didn’t he too which is a worry).

The issue he had though was he was booked so for example when Senior burst through he went to go in for the tackle but had to back out which led to their header which Brown saved.

I think though the week breaks come at the right time and we can get players that have just come back some rest and work on a few things ahead of Crawley.

Pleased that we did some shithousing as we are never streetwise enough usually and end up having teams do it to us. Yeah it’s not great to see but if everyone else does it your at a disadvantage.

Good to see Rodders looking like he’s grown in confidence since his goal midweek.

Only one camera angle, and I do wear glasses, but surely that was Smith's header that Brown saved...

Rodney did more yesterday than in the last 'x' matches. (Fill in number of your choice.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Only one camera angle, and I do wear glasses, but surely that was Smith's header that Brown saved...

Rodney did more yesterday than in the last 'x' matches. (Fill in number of your choice.)

I'll plump for the number ONE , when he scored the winner against Newport !! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was the worst player and struggled with senior 6 still probably harsh though. Think everyone was at a 7, with Rodney, manny, legge and Conlon higher
I'd take senior next season in a heartbeat. Did more in 45 mins than amoo has done since November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
I thought he was the worst player and struggled with senior 6 still probably harsh though. Think everyone was at a 7, with Rodney, manny, legge and Conlon higher

I'd take senior next season in a heartbeat. Did more in 45 mins than amoo has done since November

Yet can't get in their starting line up ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Neither could a lot of our most successful players over the years. Just a change of scenery is maybe all he needs

I've just been a geek by looking at their recent fixtures. Their last 10 games he's in the main been an unused sub or not even in the squad at all. 

Can't argue he was lively yesterday however I think the fact he's struggling to get into a team who can't hit a barn door speaks volumes. 

Also Monty was treading a tightrope due to the yellow card so was more tentative which Senior obviously played on .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Only one camera angle, and I do wear glasses, but surely that was Smith's header that Brown saved...

Rodney did more yesterday than in the last 'x' matches. (Fill in number of your choice.)

I thought it was Smith`s header too, great save and the real Scott Brown has returned after being missing for most of the season, he was much more positive yesterday, probably after a talking to from the gaffer. 

Rodney is why we are going to stay up as in nearly every game he either scores or provides a guilt edged chance to someone, the boy has class.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...