Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Who would have thought Barrow would win 4 in a row??

Most seasons there's always at least 1 of the bottom 2 who start to pull results out of nowhere. We are in strong position at present with our goal difference but we still need points on the board. It only needs Grimsby and/or Southend to put 7 points from 3 games then all of sudden it will get congested down at the bottom.

As we have seen with  Vale it only takes 1 win for confidence to return and a team can look very different.

Agreed 1 of the bottom 2 has started to put some results together, Barrow.  And now they have passed Southend.

We have a 13 point lead over Grimsby, who have 28 points from 35 games.

4 of the 5 teams below us have 0 wins in their last 5.

There is pessimism and then there is this.

• Like 1

In March 2017 Newport were 11 points behind Hartlepool. In the end despite 2 goals from a certain Devante Rodney for Hartlepool in the last match they went down.

It won`t happen very often but never be complacent.

• Like 3

Really pleased with the flexibility of the players... We were gonna play the same system as the other night... but they slipped into a diamond so we slipped into a 352 nice and easily

You mean teams can change tactics in a game?! Askey lied to us!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gordon Lee said:

is that the goon who said we were lucky to beat Newport ? Eddie put him right.

😆

Said lucky to beat Newport, we are still in big trouble and Rodney needs more goals ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Devante Rodney has huge potential and could be the first million pound plus Vale player in some time if he continues to develop. His shot in the 2nd half that hit the post had power yet was delivered with minimal back lift, tremendous effort as was the shot he put in the net.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

Devante Rodney has huge potential and could be the first million pound plus Vale player in some time if he continues to develop. His shot in the 2nd half that hit the post had power yet was delivered with minimal back lift, tremendous effort as was the shot he put in the net.

Some of his efforts are superb 

FGR Southend Today 

Umpteen others slip my mind. I think Clarke nailed it, he's almost too nice , get him angry and we've a right prospect here 

How lovely is it on here as well tonight. No arguing with other posters ( yes I've done my share ) .

Just positive contribution from people.

We all want the same thing and all express ourselves differently. 

Really great that we are all breathing easier though not complacent. 

• Like 4

Great win again. Again through starting strong, being aggressive and passing the ball around with confidence. We finally have some shape and an identity. Clarke has sun some gold out of underperforming players and getting Monty and Manny back for (virtually) 90 mins is a game changer at this level.

made it a bit tricky at the end but we dug in and showed character.

Everyone who played looked up for it, great to see. It just goes to show you, these players wouldn’t play properly for whatever reason - but under proper leadership they are actually league 2 standard

26 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

In March 2017 Newport were 11 points behind Hartlepool. In the end despite 2 goals from a certain Devante Rodney for Hartlepool in the last match they went down.

It won`t happen very often but never be complacent.

Please, let me be complacent, just this once. 🙂

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

How lovely is it on here as well tonight. No arguing with other posters ( yes I've done my share ) .

Just positive contribution from people.

We all want the same thing and all express ourselves differently. 

Really great that we are all breathing easier though not complacent. 

I think a lot of the arguing on here comes from people being so frustrated and passionate about the way we’ve played in the past and getting heated over the reasons for that.

Passionate fans and a passionately manager, backed by passionate owners. Let’s get some passionate players!

Passionate!

PASSIONATE

one more time....passionate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1