onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I'd rather Walsall stay up too, and I think that they will.

In my opinion football should be decided on the pitch, and no club has a Devine right to be in any particular league.

That said when I look at non league now I see a lot of former league clubs who have lost their places to, former, non-league clubs who have been heavily bank rolled.  

As such they come into the league without having developed a fanbase.  Part of me would much rather see the Hamil well populated by Stockport and Walsall fans than completely empty, as it was frequently even before lockdown. 

I'd agree with this, bigger away followings help massively with the atmosphere in the ground. Difficult now to see beyond Southend and Grimsby for the bottom 2 spots.  Not too bothered about Southend but Grimsby travel well and personally I've always enjoyed the occasional trip up to Cleethorpes.

Advert

Been working through some results permutations in my head.

Here's the dilemma.

Smallsall going down while their pantomime Villain keeps Vale up would be incredibly funny. Cathartic for Clarke, funny for me, intensely smugly satisfying for a lot of older Vale fans.

But after 16 months enforced closure, I want to see a sell out for the first home game and (only because they're closest) Smallsall are likeliest to get closest to filling up the 4500 capacity away end which on its own is almost bigger than quite a few of the entire grounds in this tinpot farmers division. After that it'd be relying on Bolton to balls up the playoffs.

What to do, what to do.... 

Pity I missed that one. It’s fairly obvious that when we do well that certain people disappear from the forum and reappear when we lose. Quite sad really. 

I genuinely think when you look at the this and other forums ie Twitter etc , some people genuinely enjoy just being negative .

I have some sympathy, as I’d imagine they are just quite unhappy people in general. Having a system (or club) in this case to pull apart is probably a bit of relief from what ever issues they have

So I tend to not bite back if I can.

I love a reasonable debate , but some people want to see the world burn unfortunately..

However not today ! 3 points for the mighty vale . A good day in a poor yet maybe transformational season; if we are able to look ahead and not just the next 9 games.

Keep the faith , up the vale

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Here's the dilemma.

Smallsall going down while their pantomime Villain keeps Vale up would be incredibly funny. Cathartic for Clarke, funny for me, intensely smugly satisfying for a lot of older Vale fans.

But after 16 months enforced closure, I want to see a sell out for the first home game and (only because they're closest) Smallsall are likeliest to get closest to filling up the 4500 capacity away end which on its own is almost bigger than quite a few of the entire grounds in this tinpot farmers division. After that it'd be relying on Bolton to balls up the playoffs.

I'm trying to work out the permutations that have us finishing above the mighty Harrogate.  How the hell has it come to this.

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

I'm trying to work out the permutations that have us finishing above the mighty Harrogate.  How the hell has it come to this.

Fear not, Darrell Clarke's going to sign a load of mental fckers in the summer who'll kick fck out of the oppo wingers when the ref isn't looking as we shlthouse and timewaste our way to escaping this cabbage field league. It's going to be class. 

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Here's the dilemma.

I was thinking the same so was falling back on the hope of DC masterminding the vale putting 4 past them infront of a sell out crowd as a consolation 

50 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I think you're right in your assessment, I think we're now all but safe. Also like you, I too am pleased to see how Barrow has responded to their situation over the last few weeks, good luck to them. 

Have to be pleased for their fans, as it's rare for a team to knuckle down so well when near the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Just looked at the scoring of players for both teams on the U’s fans forum.

Every Vale player scored more, apart from Monty v their left back and their sub v Guthrie.

Thought Guthrie did a decent job of keeping it down their end and killing time when he came on, personally.

Just looked at the scoring of players for both teams on the U’s fans forum.
Every Vale player scored more, apart from Monty v their left back and their sub v Guthrie.

I thought Monty struggled as the game wore on (went off injured didn’t he too which is a worry).

The issue he had though was he was booked so for example when Senior burst through he went to go in for the tackle but had to back out which led to their header which Brown saved.

I think though the week breaks come at the right time and we can get players that have just come back some rest and work on a few things ahead of Crawley.

Pleased that we did some shithousing as we are never streetwise enough usually and end up having teams do it to us. Yeah it’s not great to see but if everyone else does it your at a disadvantage.

Good to see Rodders looking like he’s grown in confidence since his goal midweek.

11 hours ago, 1 said:

Monty given 6 by the sentinel is harsh. They’re saying he was the worst player essentially. He was a great attacking threat and they had nothing down that side but for once he was blazed by when Senior went through. 

I thought he was the worst player and struggled with senior 6 still probably harsh though. Think everyone was at a 7, with Rodney, manny, legge and Conlon higher

9 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I thought Monty struggled as the game wore on (went off injured didn’t he too which is a worry).

The issue he had though was he was booked so for example when Senior burst through he went to go in for the tackle but had to back out which led to their header which Brown saved.

I think though the week breaks come at the right time and we can get players that have just come back some rest and work on a few things ahead of Crawley.

Pleased that we did some shithousing as we are never streetwise enough usually and end up having teams do it to us. Yeah it’s not great to see but if everyone else does it your at a disadvantage.

Good to see Rodders looking like he’s grown in confidence since his goal midweek.

Only one camera angle, and I do wear glasses, but surely that was Smith's header that Brown saved...

Rodney did more yesterday than in the last 'x' matches. (Fill in number of your choice.)

8 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Only one camera angle, and I do wear glasses, but surely that was Smith's header that Brown saved...

Rodney did more yesterday than in the last 'x' matches. (Fill in number of your choice.)

I'll plump for the number ONE , when he scored the winner against Newport !! 

Archived