onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Great to hear DC talking tactics. If you don't like him and/or you're a Walsall fan, that's a given - you will say he's a meddler...a tinkerman. But he is both proactive and reactive - he tries to predict things before the game, then changes systems...sometimes a couple of times...throughout the game, and, now the players have had around a month of this, they look far more comfortable at making those changes. The improvement has been fairly obvious, from game to game - even in those we lost earlier on. 

So, Grimsby need 13 points (14 with GD) to overtake us, from their last 11 games - even if we don't take another point; Sarfend need 10...11 with GD...from their last 10. Colchester and Walsall can't buy a win, at the moment...but it shouldn't matter if they do? As for Barrow - kudos to them! Winning 4 on the bounce is an achievement at anytime, this far down the League. I hope they stay up - their fans and management probably deserve to, regardless of how they came to be in the bottom 3. 

UTV and well done DC and co.

Advert

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today, Vale again started well and took a deserved lead.
I thought we would get another first half due to our dominance but still, one nil up at half time seemed ok.
Again, the opposition came out and attacked more after the break but a great defensive display by everyone got us the 3 points that I believe give us enough breathing space to relax a little.
Superb commentary, knowledgeable, fair, balanced and no idle chit-chat.
Everyone worked their socks off, cant knock anyone but good to see Manny get another full game, Brisley did what you expect of him, Legge immense, I thought Worrall tired however the pitch looked heavy and he did a lot of work in front of Smith.

12 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

I liked David Harvey but mainly for  his work in Slade😜

As a 70's ream, hardly anybody liked Leeds, but individually were amazing. Big Jack,  world Cup winner, Johnny Giles, supreme who knew how to be horrible and get away with it, Alan Clarke, ultra cool and a great front man with the Hollies, Mick Jones, constant threat, who dislocated his shoulder after crossing the ball for Sniffers FA cup winning goal 1973, Billy Bremner, terrific uncompromising leader and of course Peter Lorrimor RIP, one of the most named players when lads of the 70'S used to self commentate on themselves after smashing a goal in.  I've not mentioned all the Leeds ream, just a quick visit to memory lane.

Two wins in a row happy with that .

The goal worth the 10 pounds admission fee (well to watch on ifollow ).

Brown 6 great save at end but nothing do generally cause of hard working team in front .

Smith 7 a good solid display and tried join in at times .

Legge 8 outstanding again deserved the luck when ball hit his hand ,won everything .

Brisley 7 Good pro did his job well 

Montano 7 when he goes forwards is a terrific outlet .

Worrall 6 worked hard bashed one over near the end ,was not at the level he was v Oldham and Newport but worked his socks off .

Oyeleke 6 did some very good things first half ,but equally second half didnt put his stamp on the game and it seemed pass him by .

Conlon 7 first half terrific set up goal with lovely ball and second half had a terrific cross shot saved and when we were effective in game it was usually when he was involved .

Rodney 8 star man a great goal ,a shot what hit the post and he should have had a assist for Robinson too ,our best player today I thought I'd still like see him more involved but 2 winning goals in 2 games that's good enough for me .

Robinson 6 should have scored from Rodney ball in it ended up being a feeble effort ,did ok I'd expect more of him though 

Joyce 6  game passed him by I thought he didnt seem involved at all ,must have being doing something right though as was on winning team .

Subs Guthrie 7 did very well would have being in on goal but for cynical foul by Colchester player .

Amoo 6 he is a talent but yet to see it on too many occasions this season.

Clarke 7 I thought first half we were spot on second half not so much and we gave Colchester plenty of hope all that half with a mixture of sloppiness and good fortune ,so credit to them the half time changes made them better and I do worry as second half we lost our way in my opinion .

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Great to hear DC talking tactics. If you don't like him and/or you're a Walsall fan, that's a given - you will say he's a meddler...a tinkerman. But he is both proactive and reactive - he tries to predict things before the game, then changes systems...sometimes a couple of times...throughout the game, and, now the players have had around a month of this, they look far more comfortable at making those changes. The improvement has been fairly obvious, from game to game - even in those we lost earlier on. 

So, Grimsby need 13 points (14 with GD) to overtake us, from their last 11 games - even if we don't take another point; Sarfend need 10...11 with GD...from their last 10. Colchester and Walsall can't buy a win, at the moment...but it shouldn't matter if they do? As for Barrow - kudos to them! Winning 4 on the bounce is an achievement at anytime, this far down the League. I hope they stay up - their fans and management probably deserve to, regardless of how they came to be in the bottom 3. 

UTV and well done DC and co.

I think you're right in your assessment, I think we're now all but safe. Also like you, I too am pleased to see how Barrow has responded to their situation over the last few weeks, good luck to them. 

16 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Or has he been banned after last weeks outburst.

Pity I missed that one. It’s fairly obvious that when we do well that certain people disappear from the forum and reappear when we lose. Quite sad really. 

Monty given 6 by the sentinel is harsh. They’re saying he was the worst player essentially. He was a great attacking threat and they had nothing down that side but for once he was blazed by when Senior went through. 

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

Monty given 6 by the sentinel is harsh. They’re saying he was the worst player essentially. He was a great attacking threat and they had nothing down that side but for once he was blazed by when Senior went through. 

I thought everyone was at least worth a 7. It was a team performance.

Worrall was less obvious because of playing deeper. Probably Rodders and Brown get the extra point for winning it for us, with a great strike and a great save.

Archived