onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ifollow

geoff1

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

No problems last night, it's worked almost perfectly for me this season. I will admit to always being a tad apprehensive when I fire it up until it comes on but that's a result of frustration over the years. iFollow is 100% better and more reliable now that it was when video was first shown.

It's been fine recently but I got a weird iFollow issue during the Oldham game. The coverage seemed stuck on an endless loop showing a Port Vale striker missing a chance over and over again... :whistling:

Advert

19 minutes ago, robf said:

It's been fine recently but I got a weird iFollow issue during the Oldham game. The coverage seemed stuck on an endless loop showing a Port Vale striker missing a chance over and over again... :whistling:

Your PC needed a "Re-boot".....lol.....best I can do.😀

33 minutes ago, Old fort said:

The streams don't like large screens. Had to watch on a tablet,  but I'd missed Conlons goal by then. Terrible platform.

That's not right, the way the data is sent isn't affected by the size of your screen. Whether you watch it on a small screen or a 50 inch monster it's the same data coming in the same way for you. What might have an impact is whether you use the web or app version of iFollow, sometimes the app seems a bit more responsive than the website.

All in all though, I've watched every game this season, home and away and rarely had any trouble. A couple of times where the commentary was wrong, a few times where it buffered, one game I think where it wouldn't work initially via the web (but worked on the app) but for 95% of the games, it's been flawless. I don't understand people's complaints about it, it must be technical problems at their end. Buffering might mean slow WiFi speeds, or other family members using the network at the same time. I work in IT education and my degree was Computer Science though, so I'm perhaps more at home with technology than some.

1 hour ago, gavcradd said:

That's not right, the way the data is sent isn't affected by the size of your screen. Whether you watch it on a small screen or a 50 inch monster it's the same data coming in the same way for you. What might have an impact is whether you use the web or app version of iFollow, sometimes the app seems a bit more responsive than the website.

All in all though, I've watched every game this season, home and away and rarely had any trouble. A couple of times where the commentary was wrong, a few times where it buffered, one game I think where it wouldn't work initially via the web (but worked on the app) but for 95% of the games, it's been flawless. I don't understand people's complaints about it, it must be technical problems at their end. Buffering might mean slow WiFi speeds, or other family members using the network at the same time. I work in IT education and my degree was Computer Science though, so I'm perhaps more at home with technology than some.

OK, maybe I didn't explain the issue as clear as I could have done. Clearly the size of the screen is irrelevant,  but what isn't is the processing speed of the TV browser or even firestick. A 4k firestick will perform, in most cases without problem, whereas a pc or tablet inked to a TV will work seamlessly, in conjunction of course with a decent broadband speed.

Out of interest, from the perspective of a highly educated IT expert such as yourself, what method/equipment do you use for this perpose?

26 minutes ago, Old fort said:

what method/equipment do you use for this perpose?

I personally chromecast  it to the TV via either laptop or ipad. The latter tends to be the more reliable. It was a bit scratchy start of the season, when presumably they were adapting to higher demand. There is also a problem that when there is a local internet glitch it starts thinking you are using two devices when you are not.

But on the whole it has been fine. Often sadly. There have been many times this season I was hoping it would pack up.

At the end of the day I'd say it has been alright. End of the day it is that or nothing at this time.

2 hours ago, Old fort said:

The streams don't like large screens. Had to watch on a tablet,  but I'd missed Conlons goal by then. Terrible platform.

Correct. I always watch it on a 29” TV in the conservatory and have no issues.

The other factor is your local internet speed and how many devices are active when you’re watching it.

The point is, if i-follow charge £10 for a product, and it should work,  or you get your money back. Could you imagine a High Street shop working in this way.

If its not compatible with the user technology or equipment, then they should not take your money. Both the club and the football league are complicit in this . I totally understand why fans turn their back on i follow and use other means , good luck to them.!!!

The point is, if i-follow charge £10 for a product, and it should work,  or you get your money back. Could you imagine a High Street shop working in this way.
If its not compatible with the user technology or equipment, then they should not take your money. Both the club and the football league are complicit in this . I totally understand why fans turn their back on i follow and use other means , good luck to them.!!!

I hear what you are saying but I have watched every game this season on lots of different devices and had very few problems. I don't have any apple products though.

I watch games on skygo and find that is really bad. Unless you are next to the router or have a wired connection it has numerous periods where the picture quality is that blurry that you can't make out where the ball is. It also uses a ridiculous amount of processor power.

If you buy a car and get stuck driving it through a muddy field you don't complain to the manufacturer. If you turn on every tap in your house and lose shower pressure you don't complain to the manufacturer.

How many people leave the recommended space between their router and walls or other electrical devices. How many people have multiple devices connected to 10mb/s broadband.

A couple of hints for people.

If you are in a different room to your ac router separate the 2ghz and 5ghz ssid's so that you can use the 2ghz network that is designed for a better range?
If you are using a laptop change the quality to a set resolution rather than auto. The higher the resolution the more likely it is to buffer.
Clear the cache on your browser.

There have been problems but this season I think a lot of the problems people must have are down to poor Internet connections, WiFi signals or their use in general.

Early on in the season have a fair few teething problems but every game for last 15 to 20 odd no problems  at all .

Always watch on laptop then plug the coloured  sky thing in laptop which brings it onto   TV which brings it on to telly .

It's a good service I'm finding now always log on to Google chrome though before logging into my Ifollow Port Vale account .

Archived