onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coming soon: some historical features on OVF

robf

I've been lucky enough to receive two items through the post in recent days.

• Firstly, there's a highly unusual ticket which may raise a few eyebrows.
  • Secondly, there's an extensive collection of press clippings captured in three scrapbooks.

They are both going to make for some fascinating future articles. 

Here's a preview of just one of the scrapbook clippings - a preview of the FA Cup tie against Spurs. The complete, uncropped version will appear in the article...

fame-game.jpg.532a918ddf9e36125292f0b7c2d9dd62.jpg

If you do have any interesting Vale memorabilia do get in touch. I am happy to receive items via post and will scan them in and return them in good condition. It also means your item will be displayed online for loads of other Vale fans to see and enjoy. Drop me a message if you think you have something of interest.

Advert

And while I'm talking shop. I'm conscious that many users don't always know what has been featured on OVF over the 25 years. With nearly 10,000 features, there's definitely things that can be missed. I've been given some fabulous memorabilia over the years and some of it can pass the Vale audience by.

So, a project I am going to be working on in the near future is - a section dedicated to Vale giantkilling games.

In it, I'm aiming to collect all the individual features on a game into one landing page for easy reference.

For instance, for the Everton match, I have...

• A full 90 minute video of the replay
  • The programme
  • Match reports
  • Tickets
  • Images

But they are not connected to each other. You have to browse around to find them. 

So all of those features will be condensed into one "Everton" page and the same for the Spurs win, the Derby win and so on...

It all means that in the future, I will be able to show a link for a great Vale game and it will contain all the reports, images, videos etc, on one central page. It will hopefully mean if you want to look back on a great Vale game, you'll be able to go to one page and immerse yourself in the content 😃

:upthevale:

So, those features I mentioned...

You may want to check out these links:

1. An unusual FA Cup replay ticket - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/03/a-ticket-for-a-possible-replay-of-port-vales-1954-fa-cup-semi-final/

2. Previews of the Spurs cup game in 1988 - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/03/the-national-press-previews-port-vales-game-against-tottenham-hotspur-in-1988/

On 16/03/2021 at 13:39, robf said:

I'm actually thinking of re-running the 90 min videos of famous Vale wins as therapy on Sunday mornings :whistling:

Not sure whether it would be a good idea or not to do it at 1:15 on Saturdays. Get people going for the real game or depress them about what a team we had in the 90s when Zak Mills puts it out of touch from his own throw in again? :laugh:

Archived