Match Thread: Port Vale v Newport County

Advert:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know who it was and i'm not taking away the right to an opinion. But a while back someone despite Worrall being second to KDB in the entire country for assists still wasn't happy as he doesn't

Thank goodness for Worrall though  Team effort all excellent but he has literally ran through a brick wall with his dodgy ankle 

Sneering at Vale players who are selected to play is wrong what does it achieve ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Must be true then 

Conlons effort from Leon’s Long Throw

Worrals shot in the box in the final 15 mins

Joyce's shot in the box 

Im guessing Theo’s volley which went wide was the other effort that the BBC, Sky and all the betting apps counted as the 4th effort.

They were all shockingly poor finishes. But for people to say we didn’t create a single chance is a bit sensationalist.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Joyce's shot in the box 

Im guessing Theo’s volley which went wide was the other effort that the BBC, Sky and all the betting apps counted as the 4th effort.

They were all shockingly poor finishes. But for people to say we didn’t create a single chance is a bit sensationalist.

I didn't think either side created anything more than half chances.

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

sometimes thats all you need

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Joyce's shot in the box 

We’re they chances though? Possibly half chances but I certainly wouldn’t say they were decent chances. Against Oldham we had a number of very good clear chances. Personally don’t think either side created anything on Saturday and both defended well (other than our goal) 

Advert:

32 minutes ago, mikey said:

sometimes thats all you need

Agreed.

However, I think we need way more than that.  How many of our players take glaring opportunities, never mind half chances?

How many chances was it against oldham?

I'm not convinced we'll score again this season.  Law of averages says we must do, but it's far from a given imo.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

It was in the box... that’s not very long

That’s what she said.

• Like 1

I think we’re looking at another clean sheet tomorrow.

We are crap in possession, so maybe knocking it around a bit will build some confidence, as soon as it gets to a Vale player they like smash it up to whoever’s there, regardless of whether or not they can actually run.

I can feel it in my balls that a win is coming tomorrow - a <ovf censored> goal from a set piece. Bet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

We are crap in possession, so maybe knocking it around a bit will build some confidence, as soon as it gets to a Vale player they like smash it up to whoever’s there, regardless of whether or not they can actually run.

I can feel it in my balls that a win is coming tomorrow - a <ovf censored> goal from a set piece. Bet.

Hope your right, win tomorrow and I fancy us to beat Colchester as well

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I hope you’re right. UTV 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Team this week.

Brown in goal. Smith in defence. The other 9 play up front.

I don't think I'd be quite that bold.  I'd leave Joyce in a holding midfield role and set up 1-1-8.

• Like 1

Well I'm off tonight all I will say is if you play as well as v Oldham last tues but with the goals this time,then a wins incoming , just hope you choose Clarke the right team with the right blend up front the pressures on I expect see at least 2 Vale goals I hope you are in the ear of the strikers saying you can do this ,Score that is ,come on someone smash one in from 30 yards believe in yourselves ,make sure you come off that pitch with a win and a mentality when you take the pitch of nothing less 3 points for the fans who love you not the 50 odd who slag you off the 5000 silent ones ,now get to it

UTV 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, eh up nah said:

One half chance was enough to win game v Bolton.

Edited by ELDERBEZZA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 1 said:

Do you mean another clean sheet in the fact we don't score again.  🤪

Hope the team find their scoring boots and put a few goals past their goalie and take some confidence from it.  You can only hope.

Advert:

24 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Half chances

Ultimately apart from the save with legs by the Oldham keeper we have not tested him or the Bolton keeper with anything worthwhile.

Unfortunately for us the efforts in both games have mainly been in the midriff of the keeper and they have made relatively comfortable saves.

The Theo one was just a nonchalant flick over his shoulder which whilst looking fancy wouldn't of troubled my granny. 

We aren't working the keeper enough, just huffing and puffing really with zero end product. 

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

The point does not stand.

You are deluded if you think Theo’s snap shot volley from out of nowhere is a chance

Just goes to show, if someone is locked into a viewpoint and can only see the negative then they can misinterpret posts very easily.

Have a good day Eddie, I hope you get to find a bit of positivity in it somewhere... anywhere.